NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 2011/03/29 - Point of sale software developer Volante POS Systems has announced a recent expansion into the retirement community point of sale market, with Volante "Multi-Meal" software - VolanteSystems.com.
Understanding the importance of knowing each resident's special needs, interests and dining requirements, Volante has designed a point of sale and administration back office POS system tailored specifically to retirement centers and assisted living facilities.
Volante has already penetrated the nursing home industry via a recent partnership with NCR at Toronto's Baycrest, a premier academic health sciences center focused on aging. Baycrest provides care and service to approximately 2,000 seniors a day through its Geriatric Health Care System.
Multi Meal tracks all types of meal plans, activity programs and services right at the point of sale terminal. Detailed, real time reporting along with photo identification provides accurate and important information to staff and family members anywhere, anytime, like allergy alerts, request notices, special needs and assistance.
Multi-Meal also offers a full reporting suite to aid management decision-making. The suite is designed to provide clear insight into all aspects of your business. All the information needed is generated on demand, quickly and easily. Tailored summary reporting, drill down capability and report exporting features assists management in optimizing time spent managing business operations.
Volante Multi-Meal will run seamlessly on both Windows and Linux operating systems. Point of sale software solutions for Linux have become increasingly popular in recent years, due to the cost advantages and ease of use that Linux offers. More information on Volante's Linux POS solutions can be found online.
Implementing this type of technology was a big step forward for a facility such as Baycrest, which has already seen the benefits.
"We've definitely noticed more accurate tax reporting." says Andrea Bronstein, Project Manager at Baycrest. "We're now also keeping better track of actual sales, inventory control, etc. Everything is now streamlined, so the cost benefits will be sure to come."
A convenient "cashless" system authorizes the purchases of retail items, additional breakfast, lunch and dinners along with special activity programs and services offered at the retirement facility. Friends and families will also appreciate the flexibility of paying with cash, credit and debit also available with Volante Multi-Meal.
· clear and confidential information to staff, and family;
· photo identification at the point of sale;
· recognition and determination of meal plan eligibility and activity programs;
· enrolment record creation for residents;
· tracking of resident participation in programs;
· customizable meal plan programs by the day, week, month, time period;
· records transaction history of all meals, purchases and services;
· calculation of dates for residents and visitors who qualify for temporary eligibility;
· recipe and nutrition management, allergy alerts, special care notification;
· inventory and menu management, detailed reporting, security level set up;
· back office administration and point-of-sale integration.
Multi-Meal is also well suited for schools, universities and corporate cafeterias. For more information, visit volantesystems.com/.