NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Letchworth, Herts, United Kingdom, 2006/09/20 - The BLA Quality Mark provides a structured and systematic approach to drive quality improvement in the development, provision and use of learning solutions.
With around 200,000 employees, demand on Royal Mail Learning Services can easily exceed supply and resources so there is a need to ensure that efficient working, using effective systems and approaches are able to meet business learning needs and priorities.
Commenting on the scope and depth required to achieve the BLA Quality Mark Amanda Brooke-Webb, Head of Learning Services at Royal Mail Group, said "The Royal Mail Group is operating in ever changing markets with stiff competition coming from both large and small businesses. Learning Services aims to provide learning for our people that is effective, timely and needed, helping Royal Mail compete in an increasingly competitive and commercial environment with competent people."
She went on to say, what I really like about the BLA Quality Mark is that it has a basis in EFQM, a well-regarded business model, and recognises that we have to provide a high standard of training design, delivery and deployment to help Royal Mail Group in creating confidence and capability for its people with learning interventions to achieve its business goals. Completing the submission looks to be straightforward and the support offered by the BLA is first class. As we complete our submission we will be using this as an opportunity to re-evaluate the policies, processes and procedures that we use and revising/improving some of the working practices. The main benefits will be to better support our staff and colleagues throughout the Royal Mail Group by consistently providing the best possible professional training standard, using best practice and standardised processes. I am looking forward to our external validation to support us in delivering on our key themes for our people over the year which are:
“Inspiration (that we provide to our teams and to those we lead through learning interventions), Innovation (the way we do things) and Collaboration (working smarter as a central and regional team and with all others, be they inside or outside the organisation)."
Royal Mail Learning Services team is responsible for the:
1. Provision of central administration for all learning and development events
2. Scheduling, course enrolments, materials supply, venue logistics, evaluation and training records
3. Central purchasing and supplier management of external training
4. Internal design, delivery and portfolio maintenance of core and bespoke events with project management support to major national programmes
5. Provision of professional advice to Business units on training plan content
6. Provision of psychological support to assessment and development activity including duty psychologist service and bespoke work for the Talent Management team
7. Site management of Royal Mails Conference and Management Training Centre
8. Management Graduate and NVQ schemes.