A new twist on the art of collaging fabrics is revealed in the Bohemian Medley collection in Robin Bruce. The trend of patchwork, as seen in high end brands, mixes unexpected patterns, like two plaids or layers of shapes, to create a look that is “flea-market chic.” Bohemian Medley conjures images of hand-crafted finds, discovered only in the best New York, London and Paris flea markets.
“Reinventing traditional collage in a contemporary way, Bohemian Medley is a completely unique mix of fabrics with a modern twist” says Stefanie Lucas, CEO of Rowe Furniture. “This collection is for someone who loves to create, has a unique design vision and searches out the perfect combinations of patterns in her home. She’s not afraid to be bold and wants a statement piece.”
Using a selection of the top selling Robin Bruce silhouettes, Bohemian Medley allows customers to put up to 7 different fabrics on distinct areas of the furniture. To define the overall look, Rowe added over 50 new fabrics to the Robin Bruce line this season to find the perfect medley of soft vintage plaids, bold stripes and textured tweeds.
“Finding the ideal fabrics was so important because we wanted to have a lot of options for the layering of pattern onto pattern. Bohemian Medley will let customers truly create a unique, one-of-a-kind piece of furniture – one that expresses their eclectic style” said Ms. Lucas.
Along with the Bohemian Medley, six new Robin Bruce silhouettes, all standard in plush down will be introduced at the April High Point Furniture Market:
• Stevens – Beautifully hand tufted back with 3 cushion seat, flared, high track arms and chunky turned legs, this sofa combines classic esthetics with contemporary styling
• Baez – Lovely tight back sofa with Charles of London arms, the new Baez offers 3 cushion comfort seating within a small scale, 79 inch silhouette.
• Kravitz – This scatter back, roll arm sofa, is plush and oversized and designed for the ultimate in casual comfort
• Hayward – This new slipped chair has an elegant elongated form with detailed welts running down the arms and along the base.
• Springfield – Modern slim track arm with loose knife edge pillow back and unique profile embellished with nail head, defines the fresh new look of the Springfield Accent Chair.
• Holly – The slipped version of the new Springfield accent, the Holly chair offers both functionality and a casual style one finds with a slip cover.
Look for the Robin Bruce line to make headlines in spring 2011.
Robin Bruce (robinbruce.com) offers a distinctive, designer’s approach to custom upholstered furniture with a selection of over 200 fabrics. Robin Bruce is manufactured by Rowe Fine Furniture, Inc., a leader in custom upholstered furniture in the United States.
Established in 1946, Rowe (rowefurniture.com) offers a wide range of styling in sofas, sectionals, chairs and ottomans with hundreds of fabric selections. The Rowe portfolio of brands includes Rowe, Clayton Marcus and Robin Bruce. Robin Bruce is available at major home furnishings retailers and better independent home furnishings retailers across the United States and around the world. For more information please call 800-334-7693 or visit the website.