NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Pittsburgh, PA, United States, 2011/03/09 - PPG Industries (NYSE: PPG) will showcase advanced architectural glasses and coatings at the 2011 American Institute of Architects’ Convention in New Orleans, May 12-14, booth 1635. NYSE: PPG
• CLARVISTA™ shower glass is an innovative glass for bath and shower enclosures and doors that, with regular maintenance, looks newer longer than other shower glass products.
• DURANAR® powder coatings feature the durability, brilliant color, mica effects and custom-batching capability of Duranar liquid coatings, but emit virtually no volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
• Duranar ULTRA-COOL® infrared-reflective coatings deflect heat from buildings to reduce urban heat island effect and air-conditioning costs. They meet steep-slope, cool roof requirements for ENERGY STAR®, Title 24 and LEED criteria, and they are available in a broad palette of light and dark colors.
• Duranar VARI-COOL® coatings combine ULTRA-Cool infrared-reflective technology with pearlescent, polychromatic coatings that shift color according to ambient lighting conditions and the angle from which they are viewed.
• SOLARBAN® R100 glass is a neutral-reflective, solar control, low-emissivity (low-e) glass with a proprietary hybrid coating technology. With visible light transmittance (VLT) of 42 percent and a solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) of 0.23, Solarban R100 glass has a 1.79 light-to-solar gain (LSG) ratio up to 29 percent greater than that of competing transparent-reflective, solar control, low-e glasses.
• SUNGATE® 400 passive low-e glass is manufactured with a magnetron sputtered vacuum deposition (MSVD) “soft coat” that helps commercial buildings in heating-dominated climates retain heat from the sun and reduce winter heating costs.
To learn more, visit PPG at AIA Show booth 1635 or ppgideascapes.com/.
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Founded in 1883, the company serves customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, PPG (ppg.com) operates in more than 60 countries around the globe. Sales in 2010 were $13.4 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG).
Clarvista is a trademark and Duranar, Solarban, Sungate, ULTRA-Cool and VARI-Cool are registered trademarks of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
ENERGY STAR is a joint trademark of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.