Speaking to the press, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of the company said, “GL’s packet test tool PacketScan™ is a powerful and in-depth packet analyzer and packet probe that can monitor, report, analyze, and capture VoIP calls, independent of protocols such as SIP, H323, Megaco, or MGCP for infinite time, limited only by the finite space of the hard disk or network hard drive!". He added, “Our companion product, RTP ToolBox™, with Client-Server is the most comprehensive tester of Gateways, ATAs, and other voice signal processing functions.”
Important New Features of PacketScan™:
• Call Quality Of Service (QOS) for all calls with E-Model based (G.107) Mean Opinion Score (MOS) and R-factor with individual and summary statistics presented in graphical and tabular formats;
• Real-time Call Detail Records (CDRs);
• Call Capturing based on Call Agents or Trigger Actions such as MOS, packet loss, latency, or called / calling numbers;
• Use of PacketScanTM as a widely deployed probe of a centralized monitoring system with associated relational or Oracle database;
• Decode of G.726 RTP in AAL2 or IP packing types and decode AMR in all packing formats;
• PacketScan™ supports standard codecs such as G.711 (mu-Law and A-Law), GSM (Full Rate), G.729a, G.729b, G.726 (All Rates), AMR (All Rates), EVRC*, SMV*, iLBC and SPEEX.
Important New Features of RTP ToolBox™ with Client-Server:
• GL's RTP ToolBox™ with Client-Server is the most comprehensive tester of Gateways, ATAs, and other voice signal processing functions in VoIP networks;
• Automatically scans for incoming RTP voice streams or generates RTP streams;
• Real-time Oscilloscope and Spectral Analysis of any Codec stream;
• Generate and analyze voice files and test tones such as DTMF, MF, R2, and others;
• Record/Playback user defined files;
• VQMon™ based R-factor and MOS scoring;
• Call control - originate and answer with proxy registration;
• TCL (Tool Command Language) Client application allows remote connection to GL's RTP ToolBox™ via TCP/IP;
• RTP ToolBox™ supports standard codecs such as G.711 (mu-Law and A-Law), GSM (Full Rate), G.729a, G.729b, G.726 (All Rates), AMR (All Rates), EVRC*, SMV*, iLBC and SPEEX;
• Client-Server operation – in addition to TCL interface, an optional remote Command Line Client Interface;
• Echo Canceller Testing - call generation feature allows users to dial directly to gateways to access TDM trunks and GL's T1 and E1 Analysis cards to perform G.168 Echo Canceller tests from the IP side.
About GL Communications, Inc.
Founded in 1986, GL Communications, Inc. (gl.com) is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM, Wireless, and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL's test platforms provide visualization, capture, storage, and convenient features like portability, remotability, and scripting.
GL’s TDM Analysis & Emulation line of products includes T1, E1, T3, OC-3, STM-1, analog four-wire, and analog two-wire interface cards and solutions. Capabilities include voiceband traffic analysis and emulation across all traffic types (voice, digits, tones, fax, modem), all protocols (HDLC, ISDN, SS7, CAS, GSM, GPRS, CDMA), and with capacities up to thousands of channels.
GL’s VoIP products generate / analyze thousands of calls simultaneously with traffic types such as voice files, digits, tones, noise, and fax using G.711, G.729, AMR, EVRC, and GSM codecs. Additional features include visual analysis, real-time listening, recording, and voice quality assessment using ITU algorithms PAMS, PSQM, and PESQ.
GL’s Wireless Products perform protocol analysis and voice quality assessment on GSM, CDMA, UMTS, and CDMA 2000 networks. Connections can be made to any wireless phone with automated call control, GPS, mapping software, and real-time signal measurements.
GL’s Echo Canceller testing solutions provide the broadest range of simulation and analysis, including compliance testing per G.168 and G.160. Network Surveillance and Monitoring products include Probes for TDM, VoIP, ATM, and Wireless networks.