NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Albuquerque, NM, United States, 2011/02/26 - GamBet is a revolutionary software package for simulations of X-ray sources and imaging devices. Version 3.0 features efficient parallel processing and unlimited memory access on 64-bit Windows computers.
GamBet employs the Monte Carlo method to simulate electron and X-ray interactions in matter. Through its employment of finite-element techniques, the code achieves unprecendented versatility and ease of use. New features incorporated in Version 3.0 make GamBet the fastest and most accurate radiation simulator available for 64-bit Windows computers:
• Implementation of efficient parallel processing yields an impressive increase in speed for production runs. Run times may be reduced by a factor of 4.0 on Core i7 computers.
• With the state-of-the-art Penelope 2006 interaction-physics package, GamBet covers the extended particle energy range from 50 eV to 1 GeV.
• Data arrays have been expanded to determine and to display individual dose contributions from primary and secondary particles.
GamBet is a unique approach to Monte Carlo calculations through its application of finite-element technology. Physical objects are represented with high-accuracy conformal meshes. Users can rapidly construct and confirm complex systems with the interactive solid modeler. It is possible to define objects and surfaces of any shape and even import complex parts directly from SolidWorks and other 3D CAD programs. GamBet features efficient integration with other Field Precision 3D packages. As a result, the program has the unique capability to import 3D electric and magnetic field information and to export energy deposition profiles for coupled thermal solutions.
The integrated GamBet package includes a graphical solid-geometry editor, an automatic conformal mesh generator, the Monte Carlo engine and interactive post-processors for 2D and 3D solutions. A textbook-quality reference manual and comprehensive tutorial manual of worked examples with a library of input files are also supplied.
Program features include:
• Direct import of complex parts from SolidWorks and other 3D CAD programs.
• Postprocessor capabilities include 2D and 3D plots, interactive point and scan calculations and dose and energy integrals with the option to include selected trajectories of electrons, photons and positrons.
• GenDist (supplied with the packaqe) is a powerful utility for distribution plotting and statistical analysis using GamBet output files.
• Runs may be initiated from the command prompt, making it easy to create user control loops with Perl, Python or other scripting languages.
About Field Precision
Field Precision, LLC (fieldp.com) has created easy-to-use 2D and 3D simulation software for personal computers since 1989. Application areas include electrostatics, permanent magnets, charged-particle devices, microwave equipment, biomedical engineering and X-ray technology. The company is based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It's educational texts on charged particle physics and technology are in use by over 20,000 students and researchers.