LifeSize, a division of Logitech (Nasdaq: LOGI) (SIX: LOGN), today announced HD video content streaming on mobile devices using LifeSize® Video Center. Now organizations can benefit from greater communication reach and flexibility by using HD video streaming, recording and auto-publishing to make video content available to teams working remotely on mobile devices, such as iPads® and iPhones®.
Today, mobile devices are everywhere. According to Frost & Sullivan, 2010 enterprise-level shipments for tablets worldwide was 600,000 units and is expected to go up to 49.1 million in 2015. The latest version of LifeSize Video Center helps organizations address the need for workers to have mobile access to live and on-demand video content such as executive updates, business presentations, sales meetings, training sessions, lectures and data.
New features of LifeSize Video Center include:
• Mobile Streaming: Users can access live and on-demand HD video content not only on a PC, but on a variety of devices, including an iPod, iPhone or iPad connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Videos are accessed through the native Web browser, which requires no additional software installation.
• Automatic Adaptive Streaming: LifeSize Video Center now features automatic adaptive streaming so that a single HD recording from a LifeSize® 220™ Series endpoint can be streamed at up to four different bitrates, which means users will always experience optimal video quality especially when working from home, on mobile devices, or in locations with slow bandwidth.
• Network Storage: Organizations looking to leverage existing storage can now serve on-demand videos from NAS and store a virtually unlimited amount of footage without additional fees, giving IT administrators infinite scalability to meet enterprise needs. Administrators can also control the backup of videos in case of an emergency.
• API: Using LifeSize Video Center’s API enables easier automation and integration of LifeSize Video Center into third-party systems and tools, such as the company intranet and Learning Management Systems (LMS), so that resellers and organizations can easily customize the video streaming solution for their unique environment.
The use cases for on-demand and live video streaming are vast and cross nearly every industry. Regardless of company size, LifeSize has seen customers deploy LifeSize Video Center to enable their employees to access HD mobile video content to collaborate with remote workers and perform their roles more effectively.
A leading social networking service is currently using LifeSize Express 220 endpoints and LifeSize Video Center to provide their remote sales teams instant access to live and on-demand sales meetings and trainings on their iPads and iPhones. The organization also uses LifeSize Video Center to record videos of users navigating through their site. The videos are then sent to their development teams for review, which gives them the ability to observe and collaborate live or on-demand to improve the site’s user interface.
“Based on our research, the demand for HD video on-the-go will play a big role in accelerating the adoption of video conferencing technologies in 2011, ” said Roopam Jain, industry director, conferencing & collaboration at Frost & Sullivan. “Tools like LifeSize Video Center present use cases that extend beyond the typical green story and cross-office collaboration. They bring value closer to home by giving professionals access to video content no matter where they need to be and enabling those working the field to leverage video as a visual touch point to their teammates at home base.”
“Mobile technologies are redefining the modern workplace and are driving the innovation of new tools that can help teams stay tuned-in to developments, collaborate in real-time and not feel constrained when some team members are in the office and others are working remotely,” said Michael Helmbrecht, vice president of product marketing at LifeSize. “We’re excited to introduce the expanded HD mobile streaming features in the latest version of LifeSize Video Center so that more organizations can affordably make critical content accessible from more places and more devices while providing the highest quality viewing experience possible.”
Pricing and Availability
• LifeSize Video Center Version 1.2 software will be available for download in March 2011.
• LifeSize Video Center is globally available for $29,999 U.S. MSRP.
• LifeSize Video Center
• LifeSize Video Center Whitepaper
• LifeSize Blog: VideoConferencingSpot.com/.
About LifeSize Communications
LifeSize Communications (lifesize.com) is a world leader in high definition video communications and telepresence. Founded by industry veterans in 2003, LifeSize pioneered high definition video communications to make communicating at a distance as natural and effective as being in the same room, for anyone, anywhere. LifeSize became a division of Logitech in December 2009, sharing a vision of everywhere there is voice there should be video.
LifeSize, the LifeSize logo and other LifeSize marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of LifeSize Communications Inc. Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are registered in Switzerland and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.