Capsule, the leading provider of medical device connectivity, today announced that they’ve had one of the most successful years in the company’s history with record numbers across all areas including:
• Largest revenue growth to date- finished year 150% over plan in North America
• Largest installed base of hospitals among all other device integration providers –over 670 hospitals installed worldwide with over 200 hospitals added in 2010 alone
• Doubled international footprint– now selling to over 30 countries around the world
• Largest number of devices connected and available for connectivity – over 50,000 devices already connected and over 520 available for connectivity including 98% of all patient monitoring equipment, 99% of all infusion systems, 97% of all ventilators, and an impressive list of pulse oximeters and critical care beds
• Record number of new product sales - over 1100 Capsule Neurons sold in less than 10 months
• Overwhelming demand for new Mobile Vitals Plus™ application– orders ready to be fulfilled for innovative Mobile Vitals Plus application, an all-in-one solution that allows clinicians to automatically capture, validate and send vitals right from the point of care
Capsule’s management team attributes the company’s success to the innovative design of its medical device connectivity solutions, created to improve clinical workflow. “We have made significant worldwide achievements, nearly doubling our international footprint in one year, ” says Olivier Zmirou, VP of Sales for EMEA. “We now have expanded connectivity to over 30 countries worldwide including countries in Europe, and Asia Pacific. Capsule’s worldwide achievements are a result of a proven connectivity solution, featuring a vendor-neutral, patient-centric design. This design has allowed Capsule to create lasting partnerships with leading medical device manufacturers and HIS providers worldwide so together we can offer a solution to hospitals that leverages existing technology investments and doesn’t require them to create an entirely new clinical workflow for implementation, ” Zmirou concludes.
“In 2010, Capsule established some very key partnerships and our direct sales were up over 100% growth over last year, ” said Stuart Long, Vice President of Sales, North America. “We’re witnessing an important evolution of device connectivity strategies now going enterprise-wide, including CNOs, CMIOs and CIOs as the primary decision makers, with clinicians really driving the charge. As some of these key drivers for device connectivity gain traction, including charting and documentation adoption, Capsule will continue to see our momentum build well through 2011.”
About The Capsule Neuron™
Capsule’s Enterprise Connectivity Solution is enabled by the innovative Capsule Neuron platform. The Capsule Neuron is the first intelligent touch-screen platform dedicated to managing device connectivity at the bedside and is the key component of Capsule’s solutions. The Capsule Neuron has numerous benefits including display of connectivity status at the bedside, immediate alert at the bedside for quicker troubleshooting, easy access with the touch screen interface, and wireless communication that reduces clutter.
About Capsule’s Enterprise Connectivity Solution™
Capsule’s Enterprise Connectivity Solution is the only solution that will truly adapt to the environment it operates in. Its design gives hospitals the option to deploy connectivity throughout the enterprise so that all departments, not just high acuity, can enjoy the value that device integration has to offer. And it completely integrates with existing or planned caregiver work processes and allows a facility to leverage existing technologies.
For more than 14 years, Capsule (capsuletech.com) has been the world's leading, award-winning provider of solutions for medical device connectivity. Our leadership is made possible through our 510(k) cleared software and medical grade hardware products, our unique expertise in device protocols and firmware, and our strong partnerships with nearly every major medical device manufacturer and HIS company. Our proven Enterprise Medical Device Connectivity Solution, chosen by over 670 facilities, features a patient-centric, vendor neutral design that allows hospitals to connect virtually any medical device, to any information system, in any unit of the hospital. Featuring the innovative Capsule Neuron™ platform, the solution actually integrates with existing technologies and infrastructures and works within the established or planned caregiver work processes. Furthermore, Capsule’s solution is completely flexible and scalable thereby allowing a hospital to grow as their needs grow to meet their short and long term connectivity, patient care, and safety needs.