Pegasys, Inc., the company that takes video to the next level, announces the upcoming release of the English version of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5, the successor to TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress, in the 1st Quarter of 2011. The new software will make it possible to not only create materials, but also will bring creative, original video mastering and output in the best formats available. Purchasers of the popular TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress after January 5, 2011, can upgrade to TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 for free once it is released in 2011. The retail price will be $99.95.
"Video now has to be quickly and easily created to be viewed in high definition, or for video sharing websites, or mobile devices offering video playback, and more. Currently, these types of output displays have become the main and most often targeted use of video. We re-examined what constitutes an encoder, and decided to release a new mastering system to answer the emerging demands of videographers,” commented Tak Ebine, Pegasys CEO.
TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 includes improved editing or filtering functions, popular MKV or WebM format support, and other new features, which are expanding the limits of the encoder, becoming a complete encoding solution. It also supports many input and output formats, detailed parameter settings, and features a fast and precise cut-edit function, video format conversion, compression, material creation and much more!
Previous generations of encoders were used to compress high quality videos, making them small enough to fit into hard disk drives with small capacities, or often tasked to meet the DVD-Video, BD or other specific format requirements. Market demand for video anytime and anywhere has greatly expanded the software feature set required to generate popular video formats.
Notable New features:
- MKV container file support;
- H.264 stream FLV file native support;
- Dolby Digital Plus audio support;
- Integrated HDV/DV camcorder capture function;
- MPEG-2 TS file analyzer capable of recognizing multi-stream video with different resolutions;
- File reader selector function when importing a file;
- Audio only importation;
- Select closed captions or subtitle data from MPEG-TS files, Blu-ray or DVD-Video (when several are available);
- Import Blu-ray or AVCHD file video by the title (VC-1 video not supported)
- Layer editing in a timeline;
- Integrated clip transition effects;
- Setting a blur or mosaic mask while playing the content, vintage image filter / playback speed changer filter;
- Multi-channel audio level meter with each preview;
- Undo/Redo option in almost all editing windows;
- On top of this, integrates our advanced Intuitive Draw Technology for fast preview rendering. NVIDIA CUDA decoder now available.
- Uses the x264 encoder;
- Supports the Intel® Media SDK H.264 encoder;
- Supports the NVIDIA CUDA hardware H.264 encoder;
- Supports MKV container file output.
- Access the Tools from any stage of the main window from the Start-up Launcher;
- Proxy editing file creation function;
- Batch encode tool Task tray minimization.
For more information, visit the TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 webpage.
About PEGASYS, Inc.
PEGASYS, Inc. (pegasys-inc.com) takes video to the next level. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, PEGASYS was established in November 2001 with the release of TMPGEnc Plus -- probably the world's most popular MPEG-1/2 video encoding software and at the time, was the only freeware video encoder. The company's two flagship products, the TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress video encoder and the new TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4, anchor a strong line of retail and OEM digital video editing and encoding products for home and professional users.
The recognized leaders in developing quality video encoding tools for MPEG applications, PEGASYS Inc.'s encoding technology is also incorporated into numerous commercial and professional video editing and DVD-creation software products. PEGASYS have been bundled with quality products from top worldwide manufacturers, including Sony Japan and Pioneer.
Kimi Matsuki TMPG Inc.
P: 714.372.2201 / E: matsuki[.]tmpg-inc.com.
5F Grace Building Ryogoku
Sumida-ku Tokyo 130-0026
© 2011 PEGASYS Inc. All rights reserved. Specifications are subject to change without notice. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies.