NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Delhi, New Delhi, India, 2006/09/07 - Indian retail industry has been growing phenomenally during the last five years. Organized retailing has finally emerged from the shadows of unorganized sector and is contributing significantly to the growth of the retail sector in India..
Generating above 10% of the Gross Domestic Production, Indian retail industry is the largest source of employment, after agriculture, in the country. Enormous opportunities exist in this sector.
Driven by the changing lifestyles and strong income growth, retail industry in India is expected to record an impressive growth in the next five years. Growth in this sector will be further supported by the favorable demographic patterns. Growing consumer credit will also help boost consumer demand.
As shopping malls are becoming increasingly common in metropolitan cities, and the announced development plans project at least 150 new shopping malls by 2008. Number of departmental stores is growing at an annual 24%. Supermarkets have been taking a growing share of general food and grocery trade during the past two decades.
RNCOS has recently published a market research report named “India Retail Sector Analysis (2006-2007)”. According to this report, “Broadly divided in to organized and unorganized retail sectors, total market for the Indian retail industry was worth Rs. 10 Trillion in 2005”.
RNCOS has addressed the following issues in its report on Indian Retail Sector:
- Growth prospects of the India Retail Industry.
- Indian Retail Sector Analysis.
- Key competitors in the Indian Retail Industry.
- Opportunities in the organized retail sector in India.
- Driving forces in this sector.
- Strategic direction and key players in this industry.
- Challenges before the industry.
The target audience of this report is
- Business analysts, consultants, investors and top management operating in the retail sector who are closely following the developments in the Indian retail industry.
- Researchers who need reliable information on the retail industry in India.
RNCOS, incorporated in 2002, provides Market Research Reports for your business needs and aims to put an end to your information pursuit. Our expertise in gathering global business information for industry research, corporate training, growth consulting, and business consulting, brings reputed companies and firms to us for business enhancement solutions. We can be your one-stop-shop for Industry research information and niche market analysis.