NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
The Woodlands, TX, United States, 2010/12/27 - Complete Integrated Certification Services has been accredited to verify carbon reports for operators flying into France. The company is already accredited to verify operators who report into the UK, Ireland, The Netherlands, and Portugal.
With only 3 months left before aviation operators must report their verified 2010 emissions and tonne-kilometre data, many operators are now searching for an independent accredited verifier.
“CICS has experienced verifiers on the ground in Europe and in North America,” said Kurt Teuscher, President of CICS, Inc. “Our parent company has been handling EUETS verifications for many years, and has verified the equivalent of over $8 billion of CO2 to date.”
Teuscher reported a rapid rise in activity among U.S. operators in recent weeks, in response to the pending EUETS deadline. He expects to see this activity continue to pick up in the weeks ahead. He noted that CICS has forged an alliance with Universal Weather & Aviation, Inc., which offers aviation operators a portal for emissions reporting and verification services at EU-ETS.aero.
CICS was one of the first verification bodies to be awarded accreditation for both Phase I and Phase II of the EUETS scheme. It is also accredited to verify for the following schemes:
• ISO 14065:2007 to provide Greenhouse Gas (GHG) verification. This is the new international standard for accreditation for verification bodies. CICS was awarded this by ANSI in 2009 and has now also been separately awarded accreditation by UKAS in 2010;
• PAS 2050 - specification for the assessment of the lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions of goods and services and the associated "Code of Good Practice", for which only 2 verification bodies are accredited;
• Climate Change Agreement (CCA);
• Voluntary standards complying with ISO14064-1:2006.
CICS also holds formal accreditation with ANSI for the delivery of entity verification against:
• ISO 14065:2007;
• ISO 14064:2006 Part 3;
• The Climate Registry (TCR) Verification Protocol.
CICS (cicsglobal.com) is a leading global expert in carbon verification and consultancy, helping organizations in North America and Europe identify, document, and verify their carbon emissions to the appropriate mandated or voluntary carbon reduction programs. CICS Inc. also provides training and certification for numerous quality management systems. CICS Inc.’s US operation is headquartered in Houston, TX, with regional offices in Schenectady, NY, and Greenville, SC. Our Head Office is located in Stoke-on-Trent, UK. CICS is a subsidiary of the CERAM Group, a global materials testing, analysis and consultancy organization.