NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Brighton, Sussex, United Kingdom, 2006/09/05 - A Harvard Business Review this summer demonstrates that sales people are having a tough time. Rapid e-learning is ideally placed to support these needs, reports Kineo in an article this month..
The Harvard Review found that:
• 85% of companies report increases in product line breadth and complexity
• 62% say it takes more than 7 months to get a sales person up to speed
• The ratio of sales support staff to sales staff has fallen, meaning sales staff have to be more self sufficient
• Buyers have more info than ever before on rapidly changing products and companies have a hard job keeping their sales staff up to speed.
Dr. Matt Fox of Kineo examined the area of sales training and identified some key opportunities for rapid e-learning.
Rapidly changing product lines, increasing complexity and more savvy clients is a challenge but is training the answer? “Improved support and training is key, but only if it is provided at the right time (on time) and where it is most needed”, notes Fox.
How can rapid e-learning support the sales team? In this month’s article, Kineo shares some easy to implement ideas, including;
• Using rapid e-learning and pre-prepared templates to keep sales up to date with product and market updates with minimal development effort.
• A quick podcast or online classroom session from a product champion to rapidly disseminate positioning statements, USPs or common objections.
• Really Simple Syndication (RSS) links to the desk top to deliver just in time product and pricing updates or success tactics.
To enable training teams to harness the potential of these and other approaches, it’s time to take a fresh look at rapid e-learning. Kineo will shortly launch a new rapid e-learning service, providing the most extensive range of tools, resources and support services available anywhere on rapid e-learning. Watch for more announcements in the coming weeks.
Kineo is a leading e-learning consultancy focused on accelerating performance through rapid e-learning.
Our services include: consultancy on how to incorporate rapid e-learning into organisations, rapid e-learning development to deliver effective e-learning in as little as three weeks, rapid capability building to bring design and development skills into teams, and rapid e-learning support services and hosting. Founded in November 2005 by Matthew Fox, Mark Harrison, Steve Rayson and Stephen Walsh, Kineo is a limited liability partnership with offices in Brighton. Our client list includes six FTSE 100 companies and some of the best public sector and voluntary organisations in the UK.
We have a press centre for journalists on our site and are always happy to help with stories and provide commentary on the latest developments in e-learning and blended learning. Our Knowledge Centre provides monthly updates on the latest in learning.