• Pause and rewind live programs at your own will with Time shift TV.
• Services like Movies-on-Demand & Radio to offer a unique Interactive experience on TV.
Bharti airtel, a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 19 countries across Asia and Africa, today announced the expansion of its Triple Play proposition to Bangalore. The announcement follows a successful run of ipTV operations in Delhi NCR region. With Triple Play, airtel offers customers the opportunity of simultaneously enjoying voice, broadband and television (ipTV) all on a single line.
airtel ipTV will come to customers through a strong backbone of Carrier Ethernet Network with last mile delivery on copper using ADSL2+ technology, which will enable superior digital video and audio quality.
airtel ipTV's unique features:
• Triple Play-enjoy voice, broadband and television (ipTV)on a single line and simultaneously too!
• True VoD Library of 150+ Titles;
• 42 channels on Time Shift TV - over 7000+hrs of content;
• Universal remote-single remote for TV and set top box;
• All weather broadcasting-enjoy uninterrupted signals;
• Single unified bill for voice, DSL and ipTV.
Extending its promise of a Single Knock on The Door experience, airtel’s single Customer Service interface will deliver a single unified bill for voice, broadband and television (ipTV) to its Triple Play customers in Bangalore.
Transforming TV viewing into a two-way experience, Time Shift TV on airtel ipTV auto records the entire programming schedule on 42 top of the line channels. This ensures that ones favourite entertainment is kept fresh, so that one can enjoy it when they want. So rewind or fast-forward whenever you want, at no extra cost!
According to Mr. Girish Mehta, Chief Marketing Officer, airtel telemedia services, "We are pleased to announce the launch of airtel ipTV services in Bangalore. Bangalore has consistently been one of our biggest markets for broadband and often leads in adoption of new technologies. Now viewers no longer need to take an appointment with their televisions. With a customer-friendly interface, universal remote, video library of over 150 titles and all weather broadcasting, airtel ipTV will create an unmatched entertainment experience for our customers."
How to get an airtel ipTV- Customers can subscribe to ipTV services for just Rs. 249/month on any broadband plan that has 127 channels in the Basic Pack. A Neo Sports Top up (2 Channels) is also available @ Rs.35. Customers can also opt for our Value for Money Triple Play Plans, Magic 999 and Magic 1299 plans and realize the true benefits of Triple Play-voice, broadband and television on a single line.
Getting Started-Installation &Activation Charges- Rs. 1750 for existing customers and Rs.2250 for new customers.
What is IPTV?
One of the key drivers of digitalizing entertainment in India, Internet Protocol Television is a system where:
• Digital Television service is delivered using the Internet Protocol over Broadband Network, on Television Screens;
• Triple play of Telephony, Data access and entertainment service are offered to the customer;
• A single connection is used to Deliver TV, Voice and Internet.
IPTV is not Internet TV viewed on ones PC, nor is it Internet Browsing on TV. For more information, customers can visit airtel.in/iptv.
About Bharti Airtel Limited
Bharti airtel Limited (airtel.in) is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 19 countries across Asia and Africa. The company offers mobile voice & data services, fixed line, high speed broadband, IPTV, DTH, turnkey telecom solutions for enterprises and national & international long distance services to carriers. Bharti airtel has been ranked among the six best performing technology companies in the world by BusinessWeek. Bharti airtel had 200 million customers across its operations.