NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Delhi, New Delhi, India, 2006/09/05 - Currently, the market for processed food in China constitutes nearly 5.7% of the global market and it generated an output of US$166.27 billion in 2005..
There’s been a remarkable growth in the market for processed food in China. This spurt has, particularly, been driven by higher concentration of wealth and busy lifestyle of people living in urban China. Processed food is perhaps the most convenient option for them.
With nearly 88% of urban households having refrigerators, compared to only 16% in rural households, the urban market is ready for foods that need refrigeration. In many urban areas, 30% of total food consumed is processed. On the other hand, there’s very little data for the consumption of processed food in rural areas. It will take several years for rural markets to match the level of urban market in China.
In its recently published industry report “Food Processing Market in China (2005)” on packaged food in China RNCOS has addressed the following issues about the industry:
- Relative study of Asian food processing market vis-à-vis China
- Country wise estimation for processed food and beverages (2004/05)
- Estimation of changes in food and agricultural import regulations and standards
- Drivers in the food processing Industry in China
- Study of overall investment opportunities and growth prospects in the food sector
- Threats and challenges in front of the Chinese food processing industry.
Food market in China will grow phenomenally in the years to come and this fact is further established by RNCOS analysts. As per analysts at RNCOS, “The urban population in China is projected to grow from just over 450Mn in 2000 to nearly 970Mn by 2050, a whopping growth of 115.6%”.
The report is intended for
- Decision-makers having interest in the food processing industry in China.
- Investors keen on investing in the China food market.
RNCOS, incorporated in 2002, provides Market Research Reports for your business needs and aims to put an end to your information pursuit. Our expertise in gathering global business information for industry research, corporate training, growth consulting, and business consulting, brings reputed companies and firms to us for business enhancement solutions. We can be your one-stop-shop for Industry research information and niche market analysis.