NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 2010/11/22 - Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions (ICSNS) v3.0 is a 5-day lecture/lab course that provides learners with fundamental skills in implementing and troubleshooting Cisco storage networks.
Course topics include installing and bringing up the switch, configuring Virtual SANs (VSANs), domains, interfaces, and zones, implementing PortChannels, configuring management security, and basic troubleshooting. You will also learn how to configure highly available FCIP tunnels and tune the performance of your FCIP links.
ICSNS v3.0 enables the student to describe and configure the hardware and software components of the Cisco MDS 9000 product family, focusing on key technologies and features that apply to departmental, mid-range, and enterprise SANs.
ICSNS v3.0 replaces MDS 9000 Configuration and Troubleshooting (MDSCT) v2.2. It also contains the Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) content formerly found in Cisco Multiprotocol Storage Essentials (CMSE) v2.0.
After completing this course the student should be able to:
• Given a SAN environment, identify the components, services, and features of the MDS 9000 platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN.
• Given an MDS 9000 switch, safely install the switch hardware and perform the initial software configuration process.
• Given a SAN design, implement the logical topology specified by a SAN design, so that connectivity between end devices can be verified.
• Given a SAN design, describe the traffic management features associated with Intelligent Network Services for the MDS 9000 series in order to configure basic traffic management services for the SAN.
• Given a SAN environment, describe how to use FCIP to implement appropriate solutions for SAN extension.
• Given a SAN environment, identify MDS 9000 diagnostic tools in order to diagnose SAN problems and common configuration errors.
About HBFITES, India
HBFITES (hbfites.com) provides IT and telecoms learning to both public and private sector companies and organisations across the INDIA. Its core training is focused on Cisco, Microsoft, Checkpoint, Citrix, Juniper and Telecoms.
At HBFITES, our instructors bring their real-world experience to the classroom to share with you what has been learned in the field over the years. Let us help you stay up to date in the latest technologies by providing hands-on learning in the classroom — both physical and virtual — or through our content rich self-paced courses.
Whether you choose to attend a class or study on your own, you'll always have someone to guide you and work with you to help you attain your individual or corporate goals.