NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Fredericksburg, VA, United States, 2010/11/22 - Introducing DataDrill EXPRESS 4.2 - Distributive Management announces a new release of its leading web-based performance management and measurement software application, DataDrill. This release, DataDrill v4.2, was developed to meet the challenges.
DataDrill software provides ready-to-use and completely customizable best practice measures that address common management needs in IT, software engineering and systems engineering. It has been specifically designed to speed implementation, automate much of the measurement process, producing accurate forecasting, detailed reports and alerts. The capabilities of DataDrill scale from small, team-based deployments to large enterprise programs with multiple sites.
DataDrill v4.2 highlights include:
• Enhanced Data Capture Using New Sandbox Wizard: The addition of new screens to simplify data exploration and graphing, automating the data mart generation, query-series and item assignment, data collection and graph population, all in less than one minute.
• Enhanced Organizational Measurement Database: Historical, benchmark or other “non-DataDrill” data can be imported into the OMDB, providing a template to generate customized excel file to capture data from external sources.
• New Filters for the Organizational Measurement Explorer: Added capability to the filters, including available attribute and completion age/end date, can be used to select data to be plotted or exported.
• Track and View Estimation Accuracy: New grid to display estimated value, last completed actual value, numeric variance and variance as a percent of plan.
• Import, Monitor and View Basis of Estimate/Parametric Model Inputs: The Capture Wizard now can create a query for each unique field set and name in the captured interface.
• New View for Variance of Actual Versus Plan: Added variance grid to display the actual and plan (last completed period), the numeric variance and the variance as a percent of plan.
• Historical Project Data Capture: The addition of an import/export page to allow historical data from multiple projects to be imported via a specially-formatted Excel file.
• New Configuration Page to Speed Graph and Series Configuration: Now simplifies configuration of associated series, status and organizational measures for all information needs, graphs and series.
• Interfaces Now Support a Single Item Collection Scenario: Extremely useful when data is being collected is contained in only one data set, and queries are used to dissect the data set into individual data points (for graphs).
About Distributive Management and DataDrill
Distributive Management (distributive.com) is the leading provider of quantitative management and measurement solutions for use in projects across the enterprise. DataDrill enables companies to more easily and more effectively implement measurement and metrics dashboards in support of project management, performance reporting, process improvement and initiatives such as CMMI. DataDrill is being used in a wide range of industries, including defense, software/IT, technology, telecommunications, banking, and insurance. DataDrill’s customers include Arbitron, Boeing, BAE Systems, Booz Allen Hamilton, GEICO, GE, Hewlett Packard, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, Rockwell Automation, Raytheon, SAIC, and Spansion.