Leading marketing, PR & communications freelance recruitment company, Xchangeteam, launches annual Freelancer of the Year Awards.
These Awards, now in their seventh year have grown exponentially, with last year attracting over 300 nominations and 52 finalists. Judged by some of industry’s most highly recognised and respected individuals, these prestigious Awards showcase the fantastic and often unrecognised freelance talent the UK has today.
Open to all freelancers within Marketing, Media and Communications, the Awards provide vital recognition for the excellent work and contribution freelancers deliver. Freelancers can be nominated by their peers, colleagues, managers or even themselves and following the challenges of last year, Xchangeteam feel there is even more reason to shout about freelance achievements!
Once again Xchangeteam have the support of very high profile category and media sponsors including Only Marketing Jobs, Creativepool, the PRCA, Freelance UK, Freelance Advisor and Bristol Media.
Xchangeteam managing director, Mike Berry, commented: "Having sponsors who fully understand the freelance marketplace and who support marketing freelancers in the industry can only cement the importance of the Awards. We are delighted to have their support and look forward to showcasing freelance talent through what continues to be a competitive event."
What it means to win
Last year’s winner, PR expert Vikki Rimmer, commented on winning the title: “To have had the recognition in the industry was a huge boost both personally and professionally. With the Freelancer of the Year Awards now a firm fixture in the calendar, all those working in PR, Communications and the wider media watch with interest to see which campaigns capture the judge’s attention. The Awards are a great initiative and I would urge any marketing-related freelancer to take part.”
Nominating someone or yourself is easy and takes just two minutes. Simply visit freelanceroftheyear.co.uk and fill out the short nomination form.
Categories include: Advertising & Design; Digital Excellence; Editorial; Events; Marketing and PR, Communications & Public Affairs.
Nominations will be accepted until February 2011.
For more information please contact Kim Christian | Marketing Coordinator | Xchangeteam
T: 020 7025 4400 / E: kchristian[.]xchangeteam.com.
About Xchangeteam Group Limited
• Xchangeteam (xchangeteam.com) was launched in 1999 as a specialist freelance resourcing company in communications and pr – the first in the marketplace.
• It now offers freelance, interim and permanent recruitment across the creative, digital, editorial, events, marketing, media, pr & communications, and technical sectors.
• Xchangeteam are finalists at the inaugural Marketing & Advertising Recruitment Awards in three categories: Agency of the Year; Regional Agency of the Year and Recruitment Innovation.
• Xchangeteam was named Recruitment Agency of the Year 2009 at the London & South East Recruitment Awards.
• Xchangeteam Chairman Emma Brierley’s book, Talent on Tap: Getting the best from freelancers, interims and consultants was published in April 2006.