To help volume buyers source profitably from Indonesia suppliers, the non-profit Kearny Alliance has released the Indonesia Sourcing Report: Home Decor with the support of its partner in development, Global Sources.
The Report features profiles of 28 export suppliers with verified manufacturing and production capacity, plus descriptions, prices and packaging details for more than 130 popular export products ranging from wall hangings and vases to sculptures and candles.
“Many buyers are looking to diversify their supply base beyond Greater China,” said Alex Boome, program director of the Kearny Alliance. “The abundant supply of indigenous raw materials gives Indonesian suppliers a distinct competitive advantage to attract global buyers.”
Survey results outline product developments, price trends, and supplier capacity
Total annual exports of featured suppliers are more than $4 million. They employ more than 1,000 full-time workers, who can produce up to 160,000 million pieces a month.
In addition to industry overview and prices forecasts, the Report offers survey results from featured suppliers. High-level results show:
• 50 percent will target the EU as the main export destination;
• 70 percent anticipate export sales to increase at least 10 percent;
• 45 percent plan to focus on multiple function products;
• 20 percent are adopting environment-friendly materials, and;
• 60 percent plan to hold export quotes.
More sourcing opportunities for global buyers, more jobs created
“The Sourcing Report is an important component of the Kearny Alliances’ Developing Country Export Assistance Program,” Boome said. “The aim of the program is to assist small- to mid-sized export manufacturers in Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam, India, Indonesia, and the Philippines to tap new export markets. As a result, suppliers can hire more workers and create sustainable jobs.
“We can only succeed in our mission if we give buyers information on quality suppliers who totally understand their requirements. The suppliers we feature in Developing Country Sourcing Reports have rich export experience and are eager to work with buyers.”
Several suppliers featured in this report have been working closely with the Export Service Centre Indonesia, a social enterprise of the Kearny Alliance. The Export Service Centre offers helps overseas buyers source profitably from Indonesia.
Sourcing Reports for Vietnam, India, Cambodia, the Philippines and Indonesia
The Indonesia Sourcing Report: Home Decor is one of a series of Reports.
Other Sourcing Reports available online are:
• VIETNAM: Wooden & Bamboo Furniture, Kitchenware, Bags, Baby & Children’s Toys & Garments, Footwear, Ceramic & Porcelain, Garments, Home Decor, Fashion Accessories, Lawn & Garden, Lacquer ware, Indoor & Outdoor Furniture
• INDIA: Ceramics, Craft & Promotional Gifts, Glass & Metal Tableware, Fashion Accessories, Garments, Craft & Promotional Gifts
• CAMBODIA: Silk Fashion Accessories
• PHILIPPINES: Home & Garden Decor, Fashion Jewelry, Christmas Decorations, Indoor & Outdoor Furniture
• INDONESIA: Indoor & Outdoor Furniture, Footwear
• SOUTHEAST ASIA: Indoor & Outdoor Furniture.
About The Kearny Alliance
The Kearny Alliance (kearnyalliance.org), a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) foundation based in Scottsdale, Arizona, partners with other international organizations to further its mission of ‘Aid through Trade’, to advance international development and poverty alleviation through trade-related business, education, training and applied research.
Key programmatic areas include:
• Livelihood development at the grassroots level: Through the social enterprise Export Service Centre in Indonesia and Cambodia, the Kearny Alliance assists small producers who do not have the capacity to export direct to participate in the global economy. It estimates that in 2009 it created more than 3,800 jobs.
• Job creation for small & medium producers: Through the Developing Country Export Assistance Program, the Kearny Alliance connects smaller exporters in developing Asia with buyers worldwide. Surveys of beneficiaries show that suppliers have received $772,000 in export orders, and they expect more than $5,500,000 to develop in 2010.
• Education & skills development: The Kearny Alliance offers stipend support for students from Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam and mainland China to study in Hong Kong and the US. The dozens of Kearny Alliance Scholars receive internships and on-the-job training in export-related companies and organizations in 10 countries.
• Trade policy research: One major initiative is FutureofUSChinaTrade.Com, an online center for data, analysis, and insightful discussion on U.S. - China trade offering Forum Discussions News & Analysis, Facts & Figures, Discussion Outcomes, Book reviews and Meet the Experts. This developed from the The Kearny Alliance – Arizona State University forums on China, trade and the world economic order high-level series of interlinked meetings – held in Phoenix and Beijing which explored potential solutions to issues and challenges of mutual benefit to China-US trade relations.