NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Paris, Ile-de-France, France, 2010/10/22 - BMSystems confirms its world's leadership in heuristic systems biology. Since its creation, the company generated new knowledge and innovations in the fields of cancer, psychiatric & cognitive disorders, neurodegenerative infectious diseases.
Bio-Modeling Systems confirms its world's leadership in heuristic systems biology. Since its creation in 2004, the company generated new knowledge and innovations in the fields of cancer, psychiatric & cognitive disorders, neurodegenerative and infectious diseases.
2011: 19th European Congress of Psychiatry: Vienna, Austria, 12-15 March 2011, organised by the European Psychiatric Association (EPA), the largest international association of psychiatrists in Europe. Dr. François IRIS is invited to present: "Methodology of Mapping in Integrative Molecular Biology associated to psychiatric and cognitive disorders".
Our last 3 years scientific contributions (public domain only):
1. 2010: Publication with Pherecydes-Pharma. Genetically Engineered Virulent Phage Banks in the Detection and Control of Emergent Pathogenic Bacteria published in Biosecurity and Bioterrorism: Biodefense Strategy, Practice, and Science USA.
2. 2010: Molecular microbiology conference organized by the CNRS. BMSystems was invited to present its disruptive achievements in the field of bacteria/phages research.
3. 2010: BMSystems Invited to present at the 6th International Workshop on Computational Neuropsychiatry Systems Biology of Affective Disorders; Munich.
4. 2010: The Directorate-General (DG) of Research at The European Commission recognizes BMSystems' scientific excellence and innovative business model by inviting it to contribute its expertise to key decisional meetings. The workshop "From Systems Biology to Systems Medicine” report now available.
5. 2009: Launch of a spin-off by CEA Life Sciences based on a CEA-BMSystems co-patent in the field of psychiatric disorders treatments.
6. 2009: Prestigious Bio-IT World 2009 Best Practice Award for the in-vivo validation of the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease model. The world's first in-vivo validation of a in-silico model of a complex human neurological disease. BMSystems was the only EU team rewarded in 2009.
7. 2008: BMSystems Co-published BioMarkers for Psychiatric Disorders with Dr. Chris Turck, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry; Munich.
8. 2008-2010: Dr. François Iris, CSO of BMSystems co-leader of the Evaluation committee of the funding priorities in the “Medical Systems Biology- MedSys” program; German Federal ministry of Research; Berlin.
Being the first, and to date the only company that succeeded to create validated in-silico heuristic models of complex human pathologies and physiological processes, we offer to pharma companies the possibility to generate new & pertinent hypotheses, stop in time existing programs and launch lower risks, novel therapeutics programs without being obliged to change their existing R&D discovery processes.
Created in 2004, and profitable since 2006, we designed a unique heuristic systems biology business offer to provide all our partners and clients with a simplified results-oriented research paradigm that alleviates global R&D/business issues.
· Because we do not sell our technologies, but deliver their outputs in open formats, our clients are not dependent upon external proprietary technologies to maintain and update these new & pertinent hypotheses.
· Because clients' proprietary data protection is critical, we do not use their proprietary data to generate the first version of a CADI model, and we limit data transfers to experimentations results only during the CADI model validation phase.
If you are interested to learn more about our recent achievements and possible collaborations in the fields of neurodegenerative diseases, psychiatric and cognitive disorders, infectious diseases and cancer we shall happy to meet people of your company looking for such business proposals at Bio-Europe in Munich: November 14-17, 2010.