Octagon Research Solutions, Inc. today announced results of its annual Customer Experience Survey which was conducted in the third quarter of 2010. The survey measured customer satisfaction, emerging needs, awareness of standards and general practices within the industry.
Twenty-two percent (22%) of respondents represented large pharmaceutical companies while the remaining seventy eight percent (78%) represented small to mid-size enterprises.
The survey results also revealed the following trends:
- The majority of respondents were in Regulatory positions within their organizations. Overall, their knowledge and awareness of the eCTD (electronic Common Technical Document) submission standard exceeds awareness of both CDISC (Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium) and the emerging RPS (Regulated Product Submission) standards.
- In the current tight economy, clients are concerned about the value they receive for their investment in products or services. 49% of respondents chose quality of the product as the reason for choosing Octagon.
- Life Sciences business professionals are actively using social networking tools. 85% of respondents are currently using LinkedIn while 59% are using Facebook.
• Survey respondents rated Octagon on a number of satisfaction scales:
– 97% of respondents were satisfied, very satisfied or extremely satisfied overall with products and services from Octagon;
– 97% are likely or highly likely to recommend Octagon to colleagues;
– 98% believe that Octagon cares about their business.
• Monique Garrett, vice president, Global Marketing, Octagon Research Solutions, Inc. commented, “This survey gave us some great insight into our customers’ perspectives and what is most important to them. We spend a great deal of time building long-term relationships across the industry. The survey results suggest that this effort is recognized and appreciated by our customers.”
• James C. Walker, chairman and CEO, Octagon Research Solutions, Inc. added, “Our clients are not shy about telling us what they think. We deeply appreciate the time people take to complete the surveys and the thoughtful responses we received. We actively use the feedback to build stronger relationships and differentiate our offerings, improve internal processes and enrich our customer interactions.”
About Octagon Research Solutions, Inc.
Octagon (octagonresearch.com) is a pioneer and leading provider of breakthrough software and services to the life sciences industry. Octagon’s eCTD and CDISC solutions provide the people, process and technology required to optimize drug development from data collection to submission. Our regulatory, clinical, process and software offerings provide a unique combination of deep domain knowledge, cross-functional electronic submission expertise, a holistic process approach, and integrated solutions. Octagon is headquartered in Wayne, PA, with European headquarters in London, UK. Octagon’s EDC Operations are located in Mountain View, CA.