Emerging Markets Online, a market research consulting and publishing firm specializing in global energy and biofuels markets, announces the Algae 2020 Global Tour for Autumn and Spring of 2010-2011. Algae 2020, Vol 2 (October 2010) is a market research study and guide for investors, fuel producers, agribusiness, researchers, stakeholders, petrochems and polymers execs, and consultants
For this tour, Will Thurmond, CEO of Emerging Markets Online, and Author of Algae 2020: Biofuels Markets and Commercialization Outlook will present a summary of findings from the Algae 2020 study at the following events
- National Algae Association - September 23-24, 2010 Houston, TX Sheraton North Houston;
- Bioenergy International Canada Expo & Conference 2010 - September 28th-29th , Calgary, Canada The Coast Plaza Hotel;
- Americas Energy Future: Emerging Technologies & Job Creation - October 12, 2010 Houston, TX Hilton Americas-Houston;
- 4th Global Refining Strategies Summit 2010 - October 26th - 27th, 2010 Houston, TX The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel;
- Advanced Biofuels Markets: Delivering The First Billion Gallons - November 9-10, 2010 Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco;
- World Biofuels Markets - March 22-24 2011 Rotterdam, The Netherlands;
- Argentina Clean Energy Congress - March 29-30, 2011 Buenos Aires, Argentina;
- Advanced Biofuels Leadership Conference - Washington DC April 19-21, 2011 Capital Hilton.
Algae for Advanced Drop-In Fuels
Algae 2020, Vol 2 author Will Thurmond notes “algae is serving an increasing important role as an emerging solution to create drop-in replacement fuels such as renewable diesel, renewable gasoline, and biojet fuel for commercial aviation, government and defense markets that are compatible with existing aviation, truck fleet, pipeline and storage infrastructure. Algae and other energy crops have a key role to play in supporting oil, gas, defense and aviation firms in meeting biofuels blending obligations, carbon regulations, and energy and national security concerns”. said Thurmond. Over the long-term, algae will also play a key supportive role in providing the biodiesel industry with much-needed feedstock in the US and European industries presently riddled with lack of feedstock choices and availability.
Algae for Biochems and BioPolymers
The Algae 2020 study observes several key markets are emerging for algae, including “environmentally friendly green chemicals, solvents, and bio-polymers that serve large markets facing key challenges in producing renewable and bio-degradable substitutes presently created from the petroleum industry. While algae for biodiesel remains a few years away, presently there are several opportunities in the algae space to produce high-value biochemicals and bio-based polymers that can be sold into the markets today to generate cash flow for algae enterprises scaling up to meet larger fuel market demands tomorrow,” notes Algae 2020 author Will Thurmond
Algae 2020 Study Details
The Algae 2020 study was written by Will Thurmond, President of energy market research consulting and publishing firm Emerging Markets Online. Mr. Thurmond also serves as an independent Energy Advisor to the National Algae Association, the American Biofuels Council, and the Houston Technology Center.
For a Table of Contents and Executive Summary of the Algae 2020 Study, visit emerging-markets.com/.