NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, 2010/09/24 - AVEVA Group plc announced the release of the first 64-bit versions of its powerful visualisation and design communication technologies (LSE: AVV).
AVEVA Group plc one of the world's leading providers of engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, today announced the release of the first 64-bit versions of its powerful visualisation and design communication technologies.
This enables designers to take advantage of the greatly increased processing power of the latest 64-bit computers to create highly detailed and easily navigable 3D design visualisations of even bigger and more complex capital projects in the plant and shipbuilding industries.
AVEVA Review 12.1
AVEVA Review is an established application for 3D design communication. It creates high-quality, photo-realistic renderings of 3D models which can be used by all stakeholders in a project to carry out design review and analysis for various purposes. It features powerful animation capabilities for model fly-throughs and object manipulation so that operations such as equipment replacement may be simulated, can handle a variety of third-party CAD model formats, including as-built laser scans, and can stream its output across normal internet communications for effective multi-site collaboration.
Review 12.1 is now available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. It provides a number of functional enhancements, including:
• 64-bit technology dramatically increases the size and detail of model that can be handled and the ease of navigating it.
• Enhanced model streaming. Streaming enables massive model files to be easily viewed over internet connections. New features in both versions add useful capabilities such as dimensioning, view clipping and part picking in views combining both streamed and non-streamed models.
• Display of the master coordinate grid used in ship design. This enables a user to easily determine the absolute positions of features in the 3D view.
• Increased customisation. Extensions to the API provide users with access to Review’s lighting and animation controls and the ability to create custom add-ons to tailor Review to their particular working methods.
• Wavefront (.obj file) export is now included as standard. This enables Review models to be passed to third-party visualisation applications for such purposes as creating complex video sequences.
AVEVA ReviewShare 1.3
AVEVA ReviewShare is a complementary product to AVEVA Review. It extends the power of 3D visualisation to meet the need for an informal, easy to use design communication tool for resolving the myriad of day-to-day design issues that designers must deal with. ReviewShare consists of a server application for streaming 3D model content to easily emailable documents viewable in a freely available reader/editor application. ReviewShare documents contain embedded links to navigable 3D model views which can be marked up and commented on by its recipients to create an auditable record of design communication.
ReviewShare 1.3 is now also available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. 64-bit technology provides similar benefits to those of AVEVA Review 12.1. In addition, both versions include a number of functional enhancements suggested by users, including:
• Export to MS Excel. This enables MS Office tools to be used to manage and report on ReviewShare message threads.
• Increased control over access and use permissions of ReviewShare documents. This enables this relatively informal design communication tool to be used effectively in more formal, controlled workflow environments.
ReviewShare 1.3 is delivered free with AVEVA Review. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the ReviewShare reader/editor application may be downloaded free online.
About 64-bit technology
64-bit computing technology provides the latest step increase in processing power and is supported by Windows 7. Compared to existing 32-bit technology, 64-bit enables considerably faster data manipulation and the ability to use 64 times as much computer memory. This in turn enables applications such as AVEVA Review to handle the most massive 3D models in a smooth and intuitive manner, anticipating the trend to increasingly complex, large-scale engineering projects.
AVEVA (aveva.com) is trusted around the world to deliver engineering design and information management solutions with strategic value to leading companies in the plant and marine industries.
© AVEVA Solutions Ltd and its subsidiaries 2010. All product names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective holders.