AccelOps, the integrated data center and cloud service monitoring leader, today announced expansion into the service provider and large enterprise markets with the release of AccelOps SP (Service Provider) edition. The platform provides extensive visibility, proactive alerting, analytics flexibility and service insight for managing multiple customers/divisions across on-premise, off-premise and cloud environments. AccelOps delivers an intelligent and cost-effective means to meet service levels, increase efficiency and capitalize on new service delivery opportunities for service providers and large enterprises.
Hosting providers, managed service providers (MSPs) and large enterprises must expand their service offerings and address SLA compliance while improving efficiency. At the same time, the complexity of their growing data centers, with multiple customers/divisions and technologies spread across on-premise, off-premise and cloud platforms, makes gaining operational oversight, pinpointing issues and coordinating responses challenging – resulting in business risk and financial loss. In addition, service providers must expand service offerings to be competitive, but require a cost-effective IT management solution.
AccelOps SP offers an integrated approach that replaces disparate IT tools and legacy management systems with a scalable platform that monitors performance, availability, security, change and business service management across the entire extended data center. Delivered as a virtual appliance cluster, AccelOps raises the bar for ease of use, rapid deployment, simple administration and return on investment.
"Companies are looking to augment and enhance their ability to monitor the health of their IT infrastructure, supplement their event management and gain an early warning of outages based on trends and patterns, while also gaining a view on how potential issues can affect the IT services delivered to the business. Without proper event management, IT operations can be deluged with event storms, numerous false positives and a 'sea of red' on their consoles," said David Williams, research vice president at Gartner. "Through integration with performance-monitoring, these tools can associate an event with a broader service impact and enable IT operations personnel to proactively address performance-based service degradation issues in-line with business priorities."
Europe-based Belgacom ICT selected AccelOps to assure service-level guarantees and improve operational efficiency for their hosted commercial IT service customers. "As a leading global service provider, Belgacom must optimize resources and enhance services to extend our competitive advantage and best serve our enterprise customers," said Akin Tatar, data center manager, Belgacom ICT. "AccelOps' integrated monitoring platform was selected because of its functional depth, usability, customization, implementation and scalability strengths over the other leading vendors we tested."
Texas-based Austin Radiological Association, who provides outpatient imaging services and a digital imaging application SaaS for their local market, is also using AccelOps. "IT organizations are being asked to manage themselves as a business – we can't wait for calls and red lights to appear. With AccelOps, we can readily understand, prioritize and sustain all the different components that 'create' a function that our internal and external customers rely on," said R. Todd Thomas, chief information officer at Austin Radiological Association. "With a more holistic view of operations, we can stay ahead of issues, quickly resolve problems and better serve our customers."
AccelOps SP Edition
AccelOps offers a more cost-effective means to assure service commitments and optimize resources that overcomes the integration complexity, time-to-value and high TCO of legacy tools and modular infrastructure monitoring. New features in AccelOps SP with regard to multi-tenancy, multi-site management, scalability and customization, include:
• Consolidated, multi-tenant console offers service providers and large enterprises interactive views aggregated across sites, and by customer/division, that are integrated and fully customizable. Operators can manage the entire system, view dashboards, identify and investigate issues, and generate any type of reports or dashboard all from one web-based interface. In addition, customer and division administrators can enjoy rich monitoring and reporting capabilities as per their organizational domain.
• Agent-less, multi-site integration functionality streamlines on-boarding and management of multiple customers/divisions. One AccelOps cluster can centrally monitor many organizations in both on-premise and off-premise infrastructures using remote AccelOps collectors that do not require agents on monitored systems.
• Scalable dynamic clustering in which AccelOps' virtual appliance cluster members can be added on-the-fly to enhance performance and support unlimited online data analysis.
• Integration APIs to incorporate AccelOps' data into other IT management systems. External systems can use AccelOps' APIs to obtain timely CMDB, search, incident and ticketing details.
• In-depth database monitoring to alert and track Oracle and SQL availability, performance and security issues analyzing audit logs, process metrics and JDBC-based synthetic transactions.
• Enhanced virtualization and network monitoring such as virtual switch and respective vLANs, as well as Cisco CBQoS (class Based Quality of Service).
• Smart incident management reduces notification noise and sharpens administrative focus on a select set of active incidents through alert consolidation, auto-suppression rules, instant filtering and state management.
• Enhanced usability and knowledge base including new data displays, dashboards and charts to complement an extensible knowledge base of built-in rules and over 900 report templates.
"The 10-20 years old element management approach to data center and network management won't meet today's cloud computing and innovative service delivery models," said Imin Lee, CEO of AccelOps. "The AccelOps SP integrated monitoring platform delivers the level of operational intelligence, automation and value required by service providers and large enterprises to meet SLA commitments, reduce costs and capitalize on service opportunities."
Availability and Flexible Licensing
AccelOps v.2.1 integrated data center and cloud service monitoring solution, offered as a virtual appliance or SaaS, is available direct and through authorized partners. Organizations can purchase the SIEM (Security Information Event Management) SP Module, the Performance Availability Monitoring SP Module (Performance, Availability and Business Service Management), or both as an "all-in-one" platform. AccelOps SP edition starts at $60,000, depending on capacity, and includes maintenance and support.
About AccelOps - Intelligent. Proactive. Secure.
AccelOps' integrated data center and cloud service monitoring solutions bring unparalleled operational intelligence, service insight, efficiency and security to enterprises and service providers. Delivered as a scalable virtual appliance or SaaS, the AccelOps platform cross-correlates and manages diverse operational data on-premise, off-premise and in cloud environments to provide proactive performance, availability, security, change and business service management. AccelOps enables service delivery with end-to-end visibility, efficient root-cause analysis, reduced MTTR and compliance automation. AccelOps, with offices in Silicon Valley, London and Shanghai, markets their solution direct and through a network of authorized partners. See our breadth, depth and value by visiting accelops.net/.
AccelOps, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. AccelOps, the AccelOps logo, OpsBridge and OpsAdvisor are trademarks of AccelOps, Inc. Other names mentioned may be trademarks and properties of their respective owners.