NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Albuquerque, NM, United States, 2010/09/19 - Field Precision has released Version 7.0 of the TriComp suite for two-dimensional finite-element simulations of electric/magnetic fields, charged-particle guns and thermal transport. The Windows programs culminate 18 years of development and testing.
Field Precision, a developer of 2D/3D finite-element software for electromagnetics, has released Version 7.0 of the TriComp series. The two-dimensional programs use fully conformable triangular meshes for high-accuracy solutions. Version 7.0 is the culmination of 18 years of development, testing and benchmarking. The TriComp packages represent the most advanced available Windows software for electric fields, magnet design, charged-particle guns, thermal transport and time- and frequency-domain electromagnetics. They are employed by major industries and national laboratories. The low single-time purchase price and free update policy make them an attractive options for universities and consultants.
In the unitized suite, solution programs are coordinated with an automatic mesh generator with a built-in geometry editor and the capability to import DXF files from any CAD program. The following solution programs are available:
• EStat: electrostatic fields, dielectric or conductive solutions. Advanced features such as anisotropic materials.
• PerMag: magnetostatic fields of electromagnets and permanent-magnet assemblies. Handles
saturation in soft materials and nonlinear permanent magnets.
• Trak: charged particle guns and beam transport. Support for relativistic beams, Child-law emission, field emission and self-consistent plasma surfaces.
• EMP and WaveSim: time-domain and frequency-domain electromagnetics. Application to microwave devices, pulsed-power technology, wave scattering, EMP,....
• TDiff: dynamic and steady-state thermal transport in solids and biological media. Supports temperature-dependent material properties and perfusion. Opton to import power profiles from RFE2 and Nelson.
• Pulse and Nelson: pulsed and harmonic magnetic fields with eddy-current effects.
• RFE2: RF electric fields with displacement and real current effects.
TriComp 7.0 has a comprehensive set of new features:
• Bitmap buffering provides quick and smooth regeneration of complex plots and compatibility with all display modes of Windows 7.
• With the SAVE PLOT FILE command, the user can generate high-quality BMP files of the current plot in a standard or custom pixel size. This feature is a preliminary automatic movie generation, afeature that will be introduced in February 2011.
• The number of regions (physical objects) in the solution space has been increased to 250.
• Programs are available in 64 bit compilations for unlimited memory access. All arithmetic operations are performed in double precision. Support for multi-core and multi-processor has been added for faster solutions on large meshes.
• Solution analysis functions are controlled by configuration files. Users can create custom configurations for their applications with the option to define special quantities for plots, interpolations, volume integrals and surface integrals.
• Analysis menus include a complete set of tools for plotting vector quantities or tracking field lines.
• User can activate a graphical display that shows the evolution of initial-value solutions and the convergence of boundary-value solution.
About Field Precision
Field Precision LLC (fieldp.com) has created easy-to-use 2D and 3D simulation software for personal computers since 1989. Application areas include electrostatics, permanent magnets, charged-particle devices, microwave equipment, biomedical engineering and X-ray technology. The company is based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our educational texts on charged particle physics and technology are in use by over 20,000 students and researchers.