Northeast Wisconsin’s nationally recognized Affinity Health System is the latest to choose GE Centricity® EMR for its patient care network. The Catholic, mission-oriented, regional health network is a collaboration between the Fox Valley’s Ministry Health Care and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare and plans to implement Centricity EMR across its 22 multi-specialty clinics in 14 communities to help care for an average of 21,000 patients each year.
“We couldn’t be more pleased with the flexible offering we’ll get from GE,” said Dr. Peter Roloff, Affinity’s Director of Medical Informatics and physician sponsor for the implementation. “Because we opted for a hosted offering, our 220 doctors will rely upon the security and stability of GE’s Tier 1 data center. After weighing it against several competitive offerings, we’re confident GE’s solution, combined with the attractive financing terms of its Stimulus Simplicity program, is the right fit for our network today. As for tomorrow, the scalability of the hosted offering will allow GE to grow along with us, no matter how our future takes shape.”
Affinity will benefit from GE’s Stimulus Simplicity™ financing program which combines flexible financing terms* from GE Capital with a software certification warranty from GE Healthcare**. Affinity will take advantage of GE Capital’s 0% interest financing with deferred payments until 2012 to align with expected reimbursement timeframes* under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009. The GE Healthcare software certification warranty addresses a key barrier to initial investment in EHR technology by removing much of the risk around the recently defined meaningful use guidelines and associated product certification criteria. By pledging to seek achievement of ARRA-focused certification for its eligible products within the Centricity EMR, Centricity Enterprise and Centricity Business suites, GE Healthcare is standing by its customers through a time of uncertainty. Use of a certified EMR is one of the precursors to eligibility for ARRA meaningful use incentives.
“For forty years, GE has been partnering with some of the leaders in the utilization of information technology to drive patient care,” said Jim Corrigan, vice president and general manager of GE Healthcare IT. “Affinity is routinely recognized for its forward-thinking approach, including its recent achievement of ‘Excellent,’ the highest possible ranking from the National Committee for Quality Assurance. We’re anxious to explore the boundary-less potential of our new relationship with Affinity.”
Affinity Health System is a Catholic mission-oriented regional health care network in Northeast Wisconsin. Affinity is a partnership of Ministry Health Care and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. Affinity Health System is the Fox Valley’s third largest employer, according to the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce & Industry, and is nationally listed among the top 50 hospitals for quality and efficiency (Thomson Reuters, Modern Healthcare).
For eight consecutive years, Affinity Health System has been named to the SDI Health (formerly Verispan) Integrated Health Network Top 100, an annual assessment of the 100 most highly integrated health care networks in the nation – Affinity ranks no. 29 in the 2009 report. Both St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton and Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh rank among the top 1 percent of hospitals nationwide in terms of quality and efficiency, as determined by the 2007 Premier | CareScience Select practice National Quality Award.
Affinity’s Network Health Plan has achieved Excellent accreditation status from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), the highest possible level. It has been nationally ranked in the Top 50 Health Insurance Plans for five consecutive years in the U.S. News and World Report/NCQA Best Health Plans in America listing. Members of Affinity include Mercy Medical Center and Mercy Health Foundation, Oshkosh; St. Elizabeth Hospital and the St. Elizabeth Hospital Foundation, Appleton; Affinity Medical Group, a regional network of 22 family practice and specialty clinics – including two fully operational Medical Home models – across 14 communities.
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare (gehealthcare.com) provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.
Our “healthymagination” vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality around the world. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employees are committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries.
For our latest news, please visit newsroom.gehealthcare.com/.
About GE Capital
With over $600 billion in assets, GE Capital (gecapital.com) offers consumers and businesses around the globe an array of financial products and services. GE Capital is a leader in a number of industries, from airlines, healthcare and energy financing to fleet, franchise and middle market corporate finance. With strong origination capabilities and risk management, GE Capital has deep industry expertise and experience in providing financing solutions for our customers. For more information about GE Capital, visit our website and follow-us on Twitter (@GECapitalNews).
* Nothing herein constitutes a proposal or commitment for any particular sale, purchase or financing transaction. Any such transaction would be subject to credit and other relevant approvals at GE and would be subject to the execution of documentation in form and substance satisfactory to GE. This program is available for a limited time and GE reserves the right to terminate this program at any time in its sole discretion. All equipment, software, services and support are provided by GE Healthcare, a division of General Electric Company. GE does not provide any legal, tax or accounting advice, including any advice regarding the HITECH Act or any Medicare or Medicaid laws or regulations. Please consult your professional advisors for any such advice. Payment in full for the purchase price for any Centricity products will not in any way be conditioned on receipt of HITECH Act reimbursements or incentive payments, if and to the extent any such products may be eligible for any such reimbursements and/or payments, the certification of any such products or demonstration of meaningful use.
** The key terms of the Centricity EMR and Centricity Practice Solution certification warranty are summarized below. Some restrictions and limitations apply. For complete warranty details, terms and conditions, contact HITECH@ge.com.
• GE Healthcare will use diligent efforts to obtain certification.
• If GE Healthcare fails to obtain certification within a specified period of time GE Healthcare will credit the standard support services fees (up to a maximum of 6 months).
• GE Healthcare's obligations under this section apply only to the then-most current version of GE Healthcare's Centricity EMR or Centricity Practice Solution software products and Customer being current on support services, complying with the GE Healthcare service policy and, if GE Healthcare so requires, installing software fixes, patches or updates or migrating to a new or different GE Healthcare software offering.
• Payment in full of the purchase price for any Centricity product(s) is not in any way conditioned on receipt of ARRA reimbursements or incentive payments, the certification of such products or demonstration of meaningful use.