• Octagon congratulates James Walker, the company’s Chairman and CEO, on earning a place on the PharmaVOICE 100, a list recognizing the most inspiring people in the Life Sciences industry.
• In the special Jul y/August issue, PharmaVOICE (pharmavoice.com) reveals its annual list of the 100 most inspiring and motivating people in the life-sciences industry as identified by the publication’s readers.
• Jim Walker founded Octagon Research Solutions, Inc. in 1999 with a laser focus on creating an entrepreneurial organization that delivers innovative solutions and unprecedented customer service. Today, Jim continues to lead the company in delivering and expanding on this vision while guiding the industry toward more efficient and effective R&D processes.
• Established six years ago by PharmaVOICE magazine, the PharmaVOICE 100 is an annual list of individuals recognized for their positive contributions to the life-sciences industry.
• The distinguished honorees are nominated by thousands of PharmaVOICE readers. The PharmaVOICE 100 are selected based on well-crafted and comprehensive essays describing how individuals inspired or motivated our readers or affected positive changes within their companies, communities, and the industry at large, as well as other factors, such as community and philanthropic activities.
• The PharmaVOICE 100 represents a broad cross section of industry sectors, including pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, contract research, clinical trial, research and development, patient education, patient recruitment, advertising, regulatory, technology, and many others. Furthermore, the leaders chosen as this year’s most inspiring representatives within the industry have accomplishments that are diverse; this group of thought leaders contribute to the growth and well-being of not only their companies, but to their communities as well as varied industry associations.
• As PharmaVOICE Editor Taren Grom writes in her Letter from the Editor, “It is our extreme pleasure to once again be able to pay tribute to the men and women who are driving change, providing guidance, and fostering relationships to position the industry in the best way possible to serve the ultimate stakeholders: patients. This special issue, now in its sixth year, has become a must-read and one of the most-anticipated publications of the year.”
• “I am honored to be named to the PharmaVOICE 100 for 2010,” commented Walker. “I am inspired daily by an extremely dynamic and talented team of accomplished regulatory, clinical, process and technology professionals dedicated to improving R&D processes from clinical data collection to regulatory submission. Recognition in the PharmaVOICE 100 for 2010 is a great motivator for me and our entire organization.’
• To download a digital version of the July/August issue, please visit pharmavoice.com/.
About Octagon Research Solutions, Inc.
Octagon (octagonresearch.com) is a pioneer and leading provider of breakthrough software and services to the life sciences industry. Octagon’s eCTD and CDISC solutions provide the people, process, and technology required to optimize drug development from data collection to submission. Our regulatory, clinical, process and software offerings provide a unique combination of deep domain knowledge, cross-functional electronic submission expertise, a holistic process approach, and integrated solutions. Octagon is headquartered in Wayne, PA, with European headquarters in London, UK. Octagon’s EDC Operations are located in Mountain View, CA.
PharmaVOICE (pharmavoice.com) is expressly written and designed to deliver the views, opinions, and insights of executives who are shaping the direction of the dynamic life-sciences industry. PharmaVOICE reaches more than 17,500 readers every month in print and 70,000 with its digital edition.
PharmaVOICE’s unique horizontal editorial approach cuts across industry silos, providing a holistic overview of the life-sciences industry, addressing a range of topics from molecule through market. By engaging compelling personalities from diverse industry sectors, PharmaVOICE provides multiple perspectives on business challenges, trends, and topics. Editorial content sparks dialogue, initiates debate, and opens the lines of communication to facilitate and improve business-to-business relationships.
PharmaVOICE’s multiple-perspective and in-depth original forums, feature articles, topics, and departments are audience-driven. PharmaVOICE provides executives with useful peer-to-peer insights on a broad range of business practices and topics, including, but not limited to the following life-science sectors:
Advertising – Government
Analysts – Healthcare Professionals
Associations – Information Technology
Big Pharma – Legal
Biotech – Marketing
Clinical Services – Medical Devices
Communications – Medical Education
Consultants – Public Relations
Contract Research – Regulatory
Contract Sales – Research & Development
Device/Diagnostic – Service Support
Drug Delivery – Specialty Pharma
Drug Discovery – Traditional and Nontraditional Media
Emerging Pharma – Venture Capital
For more information, contact: Taren Grom, Editor, tgrom[.]pharmavoice.com.