NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Hoboken, NJ, United States, 2010/08/09 - John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (NYSE: JWa, JWb) announced the launch of Wiley Online Library, which will connect the global scholarly community to one of the world's most extensive multidisciplinary collections of online resources. NYSE: JWa, JWb
Wiley Online Library (wileyonlinelibrary.com) offers integrated access to more than 4 million articles from 1,500 journals, 9,000 books, and hundreds of reference works and databases. Built on the latest technology, Wiley Online Library is an entirely new service that enhances discoverability and fosters collaboration by offering:
• An easy-to-use interface, developed in consultation with users, providing intuitive navigation and fast access to online content.
• Research tools to enable the discovery of available resources and help pinpoint information.
• Support for authors and researchers with integrated reference links and multiple options for exporting citations.
• Personalization options to keep up-to-date on the latest research with content alerts and RSS feeds and the ability to save key publications and articles for future reference.
• Customizable product home pages that allow journal and society communities to highlight key features and share news and information.
• Access icons that identify the content available to customers through institutional licenses, society membership and author-funded OnlineOpen publication, as well as freely available content.
"The launch of Wiley Online Library is a milestone event in Wiley's 203-year history. It enables us to provide more access to more content by more people around the world than ever before," said William J. Pesce, President & CEO.
Wiley Online Library completely replaces Wiley InterScience, and all content and licenses have been transferred to the new site to enable seamless access for users and subscribers.
For a full features and benefits list and more information visit wileyonlinelibrary.com/info.
Follow Wiley Online Library on Twitter at: twitter.com/wileyonlinelib.
Founded in 1807, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (wiley.com) has been a valued source of information and understanding for more than 200 years, helping people around the world meet their needs and fulfill their aspirations. Wiley and its acquired companies have published the works of more than 400 Nobel laureates in all categories: Literature, Economics, Physiology or Medicine, Physics, Chemistry, and Peace.
Our core businesses publish scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly journals, encyclopedias, books, and online products and services; professional/trade books, subscription products, training materials, and online applications and Web sites; and educational materials for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. Wiley's global headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada, and Australia. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols JWa and JWb.