NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Charlottesville, VA, United States, 2010/07/21 - New solution from GE Intelligent Platforms provides Food & Beverage, CPG and Life Sciences manufacturers with out-of-the-box software and services with return in as little as 30 days. NYSE: GE
GE Intelligent Platforms today announced the availability of the new Proficy® Accelerator Solution for Weighing Operations – which reduces ingredient variation in food, beverage, CPG and life sciences manufacturing to increase product quality and safety. The new Weighing Operations Accelerator Solution digitizes the highly manual process of pre-production ingredient preparation and recording. This out-of-the-box solution reduces errors and waste by guiding operators through step-by-step instructions, automating Weigh Orders, and tracking actions and ingredient data for historical records.
“There are many challenges in Weigh and Dispense operations, including variability and risk of human error, inefficient and inaccurate recordkeeping, and complex and changing recipe formulations that often require expert operators,” said Sheila Kester, General Manager, Operations Management Solutions for GE Intelligent Platforms. “These challenges reduce resource flexibility, require extensive training and put product quality and safety at risk. Proficy Accelerator Solution for Weighing Operations brings the power of Work Process Management to manufacturers and drives more sustainable production.”
With a focus on operator guidance and equipment control in Weigh and Dispense activities, this solution can help automate work processes, embed expert knowledge, enable complete electronic record-keeping, improve product quality, reduce waste and cycle time, and increase resource flexibility.
Proficy Accelerator Solution for Weighing Operations combines full-featured software and a rapid engagement model that allows users to quickly automate and optimize Weigh and Dispense processes. Key capabilities include:
• Weigh order creation and dispatching;
• Automated selection of appropriate weighing equipment based on established certification criteria;
• Operator guidance during weigh and dispense of materials;
• Registration of material lot code and verification of correct material usage;
• Historical data recordkeeping, with report file generation for use in label printing, inventory updates, etc;
• Advanced analytics via industry-standard Microsoft reporting technologies including SQL Server Reporting Services;
• Highly intuitive, graphical interface for process mapping and workflow generation;
• Integrated ISA-95 modeling.
Proficy Accelerator Solutions leverage proven products and best practices to rapidly demonstrate the value of GE’s Proficy software. These solutions combine the right blend of software and services components for a specific industry application or process. These offerings serve to rapidly prove the value of the solution with faster results than traditional projects for quicker ROI. Other Proficy Accelerator Solutions include:
• Accelerator for Centerlining;
• Accelerator for Production Efficiency;
• Accelerator for Change Management;
• Accelerator for Manufacturing Energy Management Solution;
• Accelerator for Packaging Performance Solution.
For more information visit ge-ip.com/accelerator.
About GE Intelligent Platforms
GE Intelligent Platforms (ge-ip.com) is an experienced high-performance technology company and a global provider of software, hardware, services, and expertise in automation and embedded computing. We offer a unique foundation of agile and reliable technology providing customers a sustainable competitive advantage in the industries they serve, including energy, water, consumer packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications. GE Intelligent Platforms is headquartered in Charlottesville, VA.