LifeSize® Communications, a division of Logitech (Nasdaq: LOGI) (SIX: LOGN), today announced new high definition video conferencing offerings and product enhancements to help enterprises – including teleworkers, mobile employees and executives – collaborate more efficiently, with more robust deployment and management capabilities for IT administrators.
HD data sharing now available for remote desktops and small conference rooms
• The newest version of the LifeSize system software, Version 4.7, lets organizations share information such as presentations and spreadsheets over the network using the LifeSize Passport™ system and the recently announced integrated video conferencing system called LGExecutive, powered by LifeSize. A new software application, LifeSize Virtual Link™, enables this data sharing live or on demand with the use of a PC or Mac.
• The Version 4.7 software also enables LifeSize Passport and LGExecutive, powered by LifeSize, to stream live HD Video and record, via the LifeSize Video Center.
• In addition, the LifeSize Desktop™ updated Version 2.0 software now supports data sharing and 720p HD transmit capability for more productive discussions and meetings.
Infrastructure enhancements for broader, more secure deployment and easier administration
• The new LifeSize Transit™ Client, combined with LifeSize Transit™ Server, provides a complete state-of-the-art network address translation (NAT) and firewall traversal solution for businesses, to ensure HD video calls can be made reliably both within and outside the organization.
• The unique Transit Client is the only solution in the market available as either a hardware appliance or a virtual machine option, allowing enterprises to deploy a firewall/NAT traversal solution virtually in their existing server farms without the need to provision extra equipment.
• In addition, LifeSize Control™, Version 5.0 video management software now ensures IT administrators can more easily manage critical elements of the network, maintaining reliable HD video conferencing, even in heterogeneous video environments. Specifically, LifeSize has designed Control 5.0 to fit any business environment, with new support for LifeSize Desktop and LifeSize Video Center, Google® calendar and scheduling integration, and user-customizable administrator settings and directories.
"These new offerings and product enhancements from LifeSize allow organizations to ensure HD video communications capabilities are broadly available with the highest quality of experience,” said Craig Malloy, CEO of LifeSize Communications. “With every new innovation and advancement, we continue to make good on our promise for HD video communication to become as ubiquitous and easy as a telephone call.”
"Video communications have become a critical tool for improving business capabilities," said Hyoun Park, research analyst, Aberdeen Group. “LifeSize provides practical, value-driven, and cost-effective video applications that match the value proposition identified in Aberdeen's research. By simplifying B2B video communications, bringing data sharing capabilities to the desktop, providing video streaming and recording capabilities on a personal level, and improving video management capabilities, Lifesize has enhanced the business video ecosystem. These new products will help reduce the cost structure and support burden for IT personnel seeking to deploy video throughout the enterprise.”
Pricing and Availability
• LifeSize Virtual Link will be available this month for download for existing LifeSize Passport customers at lifesize.com/Virtual_Link.
• LGExecutive, powered by LifeSize, is priced at U.S. $2,999 and is expected to be available in the third calendar quarter of 2010.
• The LifeSize Transit Client appliance is priced at U.S. $11,999 and is expected to be available in the third calendar quarter of 2010.
• The LifeSize Transit Client virtual machine software option is priced at U.S. $9,999 and is expected to be available in the third calendar quarter of 2010.
• LifeSize Passport;
• LGExecutive, powered by LifeSize;
• LifeSize Video Center;
• LifeSize Desktop;
• LifeSize Transit Client;
• LifeSize Transit Client virtual machine software;
• LifeSize Control.
About LifeSize Communications
LifeSize Communications (lifesize.com) is a world leader in high definition video communications and telepresence. Founded by industry veterans in 2003, LifeSize pioneered high definition video communications to make communicating at a distance as natural and effective as being in the same room, for anyone, anywhere. LifeSize became a division of Logitech in December 2009, sharing a vision of everywhere there is voice there should be video.
LifeSize, the LifeSize logo and other LifeSize marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of LifeSize Communications Inc. Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are registered in Switzerland and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.