Antenna Software, Inc., enabling business transformation through human-centered mobility, today announced the general availability of its next-generation enterprise mobility platform, AMP 3.0.
• AMP 3.0 is the culmination of two leading enterprise mobility platforms coming together: Antenna’s AMP 2.0 and Dexterra’s Concert, which was acquired by Antenna in June 2009.
• AMP 3.0 is a standards-based mobility platform used to design, build, deploy and manage mobile applications that addresses the enterprise’s need for rapid application development; ease of system integration; wireless transaction management; seamless connectivity; industrial-grade security; and the centralized administration of users, devices, applications and systems across the entire AMP mobile deployment.
• AMP 3.0 now supports applications for Google Android – in addition to RIM Blackberry, Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile and Symbian S60 – all built and managed in a single mobility platform.
• AMP offers the flexibility to run on-demand, hosted by Antenna or by a third-party, or it can run on-premise behind the firewall. Regardless of the deployment choice, AMP seamlessly plugs into any IT environment.
• In addition to serving the enterprise, AMP 3.0 was designed to allow Antenna’s many reseller and developer partners to quickly and effortlessly bring to market AMP-powered mobile applications to their own target markets.
• AMP provides a robust portfolio of native and Web apps on tap for a variety of industries, including Manufacturing, CPG, Retail, Life Sciences, Telco and Financial Services, in addition to out-of-the-box, cross-industry productivity apps such as Expense Approval, Travel Approval, Surveyor, Scheduler, Reporting Dashboards and many more.
• Beautifully designed, feature-rich mobile apps are no longer the province of consumer apps. AMP 3.0 allows companies to build powerful, enterprise-class apps that users love, the IT department can easily support and executive management trusts.
What Makes Antenna’s AMP Different?
• End-to-end enterprise mobility. Unlike niche vendors, Antenna provides “the whole solution” for mobilizing an organization’s employees and its customers.
• A happy user experience. AMP provides people with intelligently designed mobile apps that work both online and off and backed by an advanced enterprise-class mobile platform – sleek apps with a backbone for business.
• “Switch in the cloud.” Antenna’s hosted service provides secure, reliable and guaranteed wireless message delivery across 400+ worldwide wireless networks – Antenna customers and partners can turn on AMP to turn on mobile.
• Guaranteed performance and reliability. In throughput and load testing, AMP 3.0 processed upwards of 3K transactions per second on a single instance of the platform, demonstrating its ability to support transaction-intensive enterprise deployments.
• Improves flexibility and ability to satisfy a variety of users. AMP supports the broadest range of mobile devices – Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Symbian, Windows Mobile and Windows laptop, from the same integrated development environment (IDE), AMP Studio.
• Lowers development costs and speeds development time. AMP Studio allows users to build-once and deploy-to-many – develop an application model once and automatically generate native applications across multiple device platforms.
• Amps up the apps. AMP offers an extensive portfolio of packaged apps from Antenna and its partner community – certified by Antenna and powered by AMP – to satisfy and delight both employees and customers, enabling IT to pivot easily to satisfy business demands.
“Mobility is maturing as an essential enterprise capability and is transforming the way people work and businesses interact with customers, partners and employees. AMP 3.0 not only signifies the seamless product integration achieved one year after the Dexterra acquisition but, marks an important evolution in the way we view our mission as mobile innovators and mobile masters – to empower people to interact with, delight and satisfy customers through intelligently designed mobile applications.” – Jim Hemmer, president and CEO, Antenna Software, Inc.
“AMP 3.0 has allowed us to take advantage of new enterprise features such as support for Linux 64 Bit, Oracle Weblogic Messaging, numerous Application Framework enhancements, integration with Visual Studio 2008 and new organization interests with iPhone and Android, giving ThyssenKrupp the flexibility to build state-of-the-art mobile applications on the device that is right for the job. With AMP 3.0 we’re making our business more productive, more enjoyable and more profitable.” – John Rinaldi, system architect service management and mobility, ThyssenKrupp Elevator, and an AMP 3.0 Early Adopter.
“Heineken Ireland has long relied on Antenna’s solutions to execute our mobility strategy. From a robust field service solution that leveraged an existing Siebel CRM System and helped Draught Service Representatives provide more timely and efficient service for 8,000 hotels and pubs throughout Ireland, to our latest AMP 3.0 project that helps the merchandising team better track product placement and positioning in the off-trade retail sector, Antenna’s solutions make it easier for our employees to do their jobs. We were impressed by the look and feel of AMP 3.0. Migrating the merchandising application over to the new platform will provide us with applet-based, full-color graphical capabilities and a more immersive user interface, making navigation more logical. Once the merchandisers see the app they will all be asking for it on their BlackBerrys!”– Martin Gowran, IT Project Manager, Heineken Ireland, and an AMP 3.0 Early Adopter.
• Antenna was positioned by Gartner Inc. in the Leaders Quadrant in the 2009 “Magic Quadrant for Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms” report, authored by William Clark and Michael J. King.
• AMP has been used to power a wide variety of mobile apps from simple survey and data capture apps to sophisticated run-the-business apps that touch multiple enterprise systems.
• AMP has historically achieved 99.98% uptime and availability for customers using the hosted platform.
• The AMP platform was selected by Frost & Sullivan as winner of the Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform Product Leadership of the Year Award, 2010.
Mobile Industry Fast Facts
• IDC forecasts the worldwide mobile worker population is set to increase from 919.4 million in 2008, accounting for 29% of the worldwide workforce, to 1.19 billion in 2013, accounting for 34.9% of the workforce.
• Smartphones are expected to overtake feature phones in the U.S. by 2011. (Nielsen)
• In the United States, mobile online shopping rose from $396 million in 2008 to $1.2 billion in 2009. (ABI Research)
The Antenna Mobility Platform™ (AMP) powers the real-time mobile enterprise – a must for today’s fast-moving, always-connected and customer-driven world. Delivered as a hosted service, AMP makes going mobile simple, secure and cost effective with end-to-end management and reporting of wireless messages, network connections, users, applications and devices. Antenna’s broad portfolio of industry-focused mobile applications streamline and improve processes and can be easily configured to meet unique needs. AMP applications run on any mobile device platform, including Apple iPhone, RIM BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Windows, Symbian and Google Android. With more than a decade of proven success with Global 1000 customers, Antenna (antennasoftware.com) is the global industry leader with a passion for mobility, a commitment to excellence and an unwavering focus on customer success. Follow Antenna on Twitter @AntennaSoftware.
About the Gartner Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2009 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
 IDC, Worldwide Mobile Worker Population 2009-2013 Forecast, Doc #221309, Dec 2009.