NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Kiev, Kyivska, Ukraine, 2010/06/24 - Ciklum, Danish IT outsourcing company specializing in nearshore software development in Ukraine, announces its accession to the European Business Association (EBA) in Ukraine.
The European Business Association is a recognized premier non-profit organization for the Ukrainian and foreign companies operating in Ukraine, which today collectively represents the opinions of about 750 its members. The association enables its members to act as one European business community that is supported by the European Commission.
The community membership benefits include:
• Collective advocacy locally and abroad;
• A voice in the EU policy making process through strong links with the European Commission;
• Regular information support on developments affecting business in Ukraine;
• Networking opportunities and social events, including a discount program for their members.
- ”Ciklum has been recognized as one of the most active developer of the Ukrainian IT community. We have been actively involved in building the IT base in latest technologies such as Drupal, Android, Ruby, iPhone, etc. in Ukraine to make the country a very attractive software development destination. And to top this we also recognized the need of collective expression of business needs within our IT industry on a larger, pan Ukrainian business scale. Hence our accession to the EBA, the prominent Ukrainian association that can help us with our goals,” says Marina Vyshegorodskikh, Ciklum HR Director.
Ciklum wants to take part in making Ukraine more attractive and secure for foreign investments and further IT projects to come. Today foreign companies search for strong partners in Ukraine and that what Ciklum wants to be.
− ”You can say that Ciklum today in one body represents collectively the needs and opinions of more then 100 of our Western European clients that have their own respective software development teams established within Ciklum’s community. Thus we have the need and means to support EBA’s mission of representing the interests of European investors in Ukraine and improving the investment climate in the country. Joining EBA will help Ciklum to partner with other Western European companies operating in Ukraine that want to create a better business environment and impact solutions to various current issues such as tax system, employee social welfare, IT education, etc.,” says Torben Majgaard, Ciklum Founder and CEO.
Ciklum (ciklum.net) is a Danish IT outsourcing company specializing in nearshore software development by establishing and servicing clients’ own development teams in Ukraine. The environment of services and knowledge sharing within the company helps clients to market quickly and with less risk and minimal investment. Established in 2002, Ciklum employs more than 800 specialists with more than 100 global client teams. Ciklum has four development offices in Ukraine and two in Pakistan, as well as representative offices in Denmark, Sweden, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. Ciklum is a winner of the Red Herring 100 Europe 2009 and a member of the Ukrainian Hi-Tech Initiative.
About European Business Association
European Business Association (EBA) (eba.com.ua) is the premier organization for foreign business in Ukraine that brings together about 750 European, Ukrainian and international companies. The EBA was established in 1999 as a forum for discussion and resolution of problems facing the private sector in Ukraine. This initiative of business people was supported by the European Commission. Being a non-profit Association of legal entities, the EBA sees its core mission as representing the interests of European and domestic investors in Ukraine, and improving the investment climate has been the EBA’s major concern since the moment it was founded.