InfoPrint Solutions Company, a joint venture between IBM and Ricoh, today announced that TPSi, a provider of computer output management and distribution services, has chosen the InfoPrint Pro 1357 MICR printer to meet the increasing demand from their customers to deliver unique, Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR)-enabled documents. This new printer from InfoPrint Solutions offers customers such as TPSi secure MICR capabilities via its valued technology partner Rosetta Technologies.
TPSi provides royalty and refund checks, particularly for the oil and gas industries as well as financial and health institutions. As demand for more advanced output increased, TPSi sought new solutions to better meet their customers’ needs. Previously, the company was using workgroup printers for their check printing but the high volumes of output began to exceed their capabilities, stressing the equipment and preventing customers from maximizing the quality of their print jobs. The MICR toner was smearing, paper was jamming and other operational issues were occurring as a result of the increased demand in capabilities and volume.
TPSi selected the InfoPrint Pro 1357 MICR to alleviate these issues and provide more accurate print quality, a more streamlined print operation and superior MICR capabilities from Rosetta.
TPSi has also deployed InfoPrint Solutions’ market-leading InfoPrint ProcessDirector output management system, an important workflow that prevents process interruptions and inefficiencies. By implementing this workflow, TPSi increased automation across multiple sites while ensuring higher productivity. One of the most important benefits TPSi has seen from InfoPrint ProcessDirector is the ability to search documents and automatically reprint when needed without interrupting the job, drastically reducing downtime and enabling a more automated process.
“This latest next generation offering from InfoPrint Solutions provides us with the traditional features of high volume machines such as improved quality and increased efficiency, but at a much lower cost,” said Fadel Iskander, Vice President & Co-Founder, TPSi. “With the InfoPrint Pro 1357 MICR, we are now able to meet all of our customers’ deadlines - sometimes even several days in advance – to their great satisfaction.”
• Print speeds of up to 135 letter impressions per minute (ipm). Load on the fly toner and paper help prevent machine interruptions during tight print windows;
• A decurler unit to help ensure a crisp clean output stack and the highest quality finished MICR documents;
• Eases integration into nearly all environments and workflows with multiple datastream support, including PS/direct PDF, PCL and native InfoPrint IPDS;
• Finishing options allow everything from simple stapling to professional booklet making. In-line offerings include high capacity stackers, multi-position staple finisher, saddle stitch binder and face trimmer, as well as multi-position folding devices, punching and post-fuse insertion;
• Trained Customer Replacement Units (TCRUs) enhance the world-class maintenance service offering suite by giving users more control over downtime and increasing productivity. TCRUs allow users to replace certain maintenance parts on their own, before requesting assistance from Rosetta’s 7x24 1st Call Support;
• Tandem high capacity stackers allow longer print runs, enabling up to 10,000 sheets of output.
“InfoPrint Solutions continues to support customers such as TPSi who aim to deliver state-ofthe- art, secure and accurate solutions. Together with our partner Rosetta, we have made great strides in the MICR market and plan to continue to do so in the future,” said Eric Staples, Product Manager, Cutsheet Solutions at InfoPrint Solutions. “With the InfoPrint Pro 1357 MICR, TPSi can now deliver a much better solution to their customers, and we’re looking forward to helping them maintain this newly enhanced productivity in their print and mail room.”
About InfoPrint Solutions
InfoPrint Solutions Company (infoprint.com), a Ricoh company, is a leading provider of digital output solutions. It is built on IBM’s 50 years in the production print space and Ricoh’s excellence in technology innovation. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/infoprint or twitter.com/adfsavings.
About Rosetta Technologies
Founded in 1987, Rosetta Technologies is dedicated to developing and marketing the world's most technically advanced printers, consumables, and software for magnetic ink character recognition (MICR) applications. As Ricoh's exclusive MICR engineering partner, and InfoPrint Solutions’ cut-sheet MICR partner, Rosetta offers the industry's widest range of MICR printers and consumables, from compact desktop to high-speed cut-sheet production printers, plus post-processing equipment, supplies, and 24x7 support. The company also offers comprehensive software packages for IRD and check printing. Located in Tampa FL, Rosetta is a standing member of the American National Standards X9 committee. For more information, visit rosettatechnologies.com or follow us at twitter.com/rosettatech.