NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Indianapolis, IN, United States, 2010/06/04 - Bastian Material Handling (BMH) is pleased to be a sponsor of the 2010 LogistXGames, to be held throughout the summer in the Midwest. The LogistXGames is a unique annual competition that promotes logistics - BastianSolutions.com.
The LogistXGames is a great opportunity to build employee pride, establish teamwork principles, reinforce the safety standards vital to the industry and interact with other companies in the area. Below is a list of events that will take place during the 2010 LogistXGames:
• Pallet Puzzle Sprint. Three-person teams each take 36 different-sized corrugated boxes from floor locations, assemble them, and stack them on a pallet. The first team to finish wins.
• Pallet Jack Relay. Three-person teams compete in a timed pallet jack relay race through an obstacle course while keeping the boxes on the pallet.
• Pick/Pack Hurdle. Three-person teams move boxes from the pallet to a warehouse racking system while memorizing positioning and SKUs in a timed race.
• Forklift Marathon. Drivers pick up a pallet containing four small boxes and maneuver the load through an obstacle course to place it on a trailer at the opposite end of the course.
• Box Put. During the Pallet Puzzle Sprint event, teams will have packed one box with fragile, bottled liquid items using packaging material they select from a predetermined list of options. During the Box Put event, one team member throws the box for distance and accuracy without breaking the contents.
The competitions this year will be held in three cities: Indianapolis, IN, Cincinnati, OH and Louisville, KY. Eight teams from each city will compete, with the top three from each city advancing to the finals in Louisville. The winners of this competition will take home the coveted “Golden Pallet” award.
The date for the Cincinnati LogistXGames is June 17th, 2010 in Prologis Park. The dates for the Indianapolis and Louisville games are still being finalized – check Bastian Material Handling’s Press Room for details in the coming weeks.
BMH (bastiansoutions.com) is one of the country’s largest independent material handling system integrators. They specialize in well engineered, value driven system solutions in the manufacturing and distribution environments. BMH brings together best of breed equipment from the world’s leading suppliers with in-house engineering, controls, and project management to ensure their customers’ strategic business goals are met.