SALT ALERT, a leading technology company, today announced the launch of the beta version of its ground-breaking new Emergency Contact System (ECS), available at saltalert.org. SALT is changing the future of communication methods during emergency situations. SALT is an acronym for 'Save A Life Today'. SALT provides a system for maintaining updated emergency contact information, accessing the information universally and for establishing contact during unexpected situations. SALT has the following three components:
1. An ubiquitous database for maintaining personal up-to-date emergency contact information;
2. SALT Provides an unique SALT ID to everyone for easy access to the above mentioned database;
3. State-of-the art, modern telephone system for establishing communication during emergency situations.
The SALT system was designed to address the two most common challenges faced by people all over the world and our nation in particular viz.
1. How do we maintain globally accessible, up-to-date emergency contact information consistently across all organizations that we are associated with? For example soccer club, dentist, day-care, employer, elderly homes etc.
2. How can this information be used effectively during an emergency? For example, during Katrina like emergency situations or say the daycare teacher needs to reach parents of a kid who is not well etc.
SALT has designed an emergency contact system to address these challenges. Moreover this system is free for everyone. The SALT team believes that effective communication during emergencies can help the associated family members respond effectively. Initial roll-out of our services will be in North America.
SALT (saltalert.org) is an acronym for 'Save A Life Today'. SALT is in the process of filing for recognition as a non profit entity in Georgia. SALT membership is FREE for everyone irrespective of race, religion, sex, ethnicity, financial or marital status etc. SALT is committed to using the benefits of technological innovation for the betterment of the human race.