Where cloud computing is concerned, the Enterprise IT industry has gone from asking 'What?' and 'Why?' to asking 'How?' and 'When?' - making 2010 the year that company after company, organization after organization, and government agency after government agency is moving, or beginning its move, to the Cloud.
One clear indicator of the groundswell of adoption is the increasing frequency and size of the events in the international Cloud Expo series, which recently staged a huge event in the Jacob Javits Center in New York, and which in June (June 21-22 2010, to be exact) is bringing an expanded event, Cloud Expo Europe (CloudExpo-Europe.com), to Prague, capital of the Czech Republic.
Here is the event in summary form:
What: Cloud Expo Europe (6th International Cloud Expo)
When: 21-22 June, 2010
Where: Prague Hilton, Czech Republic
And here is the link to the Conference Schedule for the event, which is the second European event in the series. The first, also in Prague, took place last year.
Cloud Expo Europe 2010 By Speaker
The speakers in Prague represent a wide variety of Cloud computing players, from various different layers of the ecosystem that has now emerged around the provision of IT over the Internet on a pay-as-you-go and highly scalable basis. They include:
• Pete Malcolm - CEO, Abiquo (Keynote)
• Sam Gross - VP of Global IT Outsourcing Solutions, Unisys (Keynote)
• Richard Stone - Sr. Telecom Solution Manager, Compuware
• Doug Tidwell - Sr. Software Engineer & Cloud Evangelist, IBM
• Gregor Petri - Lean IT Lead, CA Technologies
• Jason Noel - VP, Global Customer Advisory Services, Unisys
• Mamoon Yunus - CTO, Forum Systems/Crosscheck Networks
• Julian Cook - Sr. VP & GM, EMEA, RainStor
• Fergal O'Connor - Founder & CEO, CloudICT
• Mark Thiele - Founder & President, Data Center Pulse
• Michael A. Salsburg - Chief Architect for Real Time Infrastructures & Cloud Computing, Unisys
• Jason H. Christensen - Co-Founder, Intelligence in Motion
• Louis Naugès - Founder & CEO, Revovol
• Diego Parrilla - VP of Product Management, Abiquo
• Keyun Ruan - Ph.D. Candidate, University College Dublin
• Roberto Tavano - VP Sales, Global Security, Technology & Consulting, Unisys
• Mike Dirolf - Software Engineer, MongoDB / 10gen
• Larry Carvalho - Instructor, Cloud Bootcamp @ Cloud Expo Europe
• Michael Heydt - Senior Technology Manager, Sungard
• Wim De Wispelaere - CEO, Amplidata
• Dave Nielsen - Facilitator, CloudCamp @ Cloud Expo Europe
• David Milot - Managing Partner, Technology Consulting & Integration Solutions, Unisys
• Anne Marie Tierney - Director of Europe, IDA Ireland.
Cloud Expo Europe 2010 By Session
The rich variety sessions and topics being discussed at Cloud Expo Europe this year include:
Securing Mobile Cloud Interfaces
Jason H. Christensen - Co-Founder, Intelligence in Motion – Cloud and mobile are complementary technologies and the benefits are immense in the mobile application space. This session will be a deep dive into securing cloud interfaces specifically for mobile platforms.
Unlock the Cloud: Building a Vendor-Independent Private Cloud
Diego Parrilla - VP of Product Management, Abiquo – This session will discuss the benefits of vendor neutrality and how to make sure your organization accesses all of the benefits Cloud computing can provide. Welcome to the end of vendor lock-in!
SaaS Data Escrow: Don't Go Cloud Without It!
Julian Cook - Sr. VP & General Manager, EMEA, RainStor – At this session delegates will learn why SaaS data escrow is necessary and beneficial, why data escrow is not the same as backup or replication, and what the key considerations and requirements of SaaS data escrow are.
The Perceptions of European Business About Cloud & Virtualization
Gregor Petri - Advisor, Lean IT, CA Technologies – In this session Petri will discuss the results of a new independent survey: "Unleashing the Power of Virtualization, ¬Cloud Computing and the Perceptions of European Business."
Maintaining Application Visibility and Control in the Clouds
Richard Stone - Senior Telecom Solution Manager, Compuware – This session will provide some real-world insight into how companies are successfully addressing the challenge of meeting the business expectation of faster delivery of new functionality, while at the same time maintaining end-to-end visibility and control of application performance and availability across an inter-dependent, but independent, network of service providers.
Cloud Computing Adoption Globally: What's the Current Status?
Fergal O'Connor - Founder & CEO, CloudICT – Using the results of the world's largest global cloud computing adoption survey, this session will report on what organizations are doing, or planning to do, with cloud computing.
Disruptive Technologies Create “New Normal,” Dispel Myths
David Milot - Managing Partner, Unisys – In this session Cloud Expo Europe delegates will learn what you need to consider to ensure your enterprise’s foray into cloud computing successfully and securely meet the needs of your enterprise.
80% of Applications To Be SaaS-Enabled: Why? When? How?
Louis Naugès- Founder & President, Revevol – Using the results of the world's largest global cloud computing adoption survey, this session will report on what organizations are doing, or planning to do, with cloud computing.
How Can ISVs and SIs Make Money from the Cloud?
Larry Carvalho - Instructor, Cloud Bootcamp @ Cloud Expo Europe – This session will help delegates understand how changing dynamics effect how an Independent Software Vendor or a Systems Integrator can develop, market, sell and deliver cloud solutions.
Why Ireland for Cloud Computing Services
Anne Marie Tierney - Director of Europe, IDA Ireland – The Director of Europe for Ireland's inward investment promotion agency, IDA Ireland, will explain how IDA partners with foreign investors, helping them to set up and develop their Cloud business in Ireland.