Articulate – for whose products Omniplex is the UK’s sole certified training provider - won Gold and Bronze awards for Excellence in Technology from the US-based research specialists in employee learning and development and talent management: Brandon Hall.
Articulate’s e-learning authoring tool, ‘Studio 09 Pro’, won a Gold Award in the ‘Best Advance in Technology for Rapid Authoring category’, while its Screenr product won a Bronze award in the ‘Best Advance in Social Learning Technology’ category.
In addition, Blatant Media Corporation – whose products are represented exclusively in Europe by Omniplex – also won both a Gold and a Bronze award.
The Calgary, Canada-based Blatant Media Corporation licenses the Absorb Learning Management System (SCORM LMS) to organisations for the tracking of online, classroom and practical training. It won the Gold Award in the ‘Best Advance in Learning Management Technology for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses’ category and the Bronze Award in the ‘Best Advance in Learning Management Technology for External Training’ category for its Absorb LMS.
The Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Technology Awards, presented at the end of April, recognise and showcase the many technological advances in products for workplace learning each year. The Excellence in Learning Technology Awards are a companion programme to the long-running Excellence in Learning Awards, which focus primarily on custom content and case studies.
“As a leading provider of e-learning solutions with bases in the UK and North America, Omniplex is delighted to be distributing Blatant Media Corporation’s Award-winning LMS throughout Europe as well as acting as Articulate’s sole certified training provider in the UK,” commented Matthew Lloyd, Managing Director of Omniplex.
“These Brandon Hall Awards aim to ‘spotlight the best and brightest in online learning’ and promote excellence in learning. In the case of the Absorb LMS and Articulate’s products at least, we wholeheartedly endorse the judges’ decision,” he added.
About the Brandon Hall Awards
In the Brandon Hall Learning Awards, independent volunteer judges evaluate submitted entries against defined criteria. Entries are submitted online in 12 categories and are reviewed by three independent, randomly assigned judges. The judges rate the entries on specific criteria and add written comments. All entrants receive the judges’ comments as feedback.
Medal winners are selected in each category based on the judges’ scores. Winners receive one plaque per entering organisation as well as an electronic medal logo for web and print publishing. The entry fee is the only fee involved in the Awards. Winners pay no additional fees.
The Articulate suite of rapid development e-learning tools is based on the view that, in today's fast-paced business environment, organisations need to empower people with expert knowledge. This means that organisations must be able to produce employee training/ learning materials quickly and effectively. In turn, this means that the tools that produce these materials must not only be able to create exceptional e-learning content but also be easy to use.
The Articulate Suite of products comprises:
• Presenter: software which allows users to add interactivity and narration to PowerPoint slides.
• Engage: templates that allow users to create rich-media interactivity including process, timeline, pyramid diagram, labelled graphic and interactive FAQ.
• Quizmaker: provides question types that go beyond the basics of multiple-choice, true/false and Likert questions to include 20 question types such as drag-and-drop questions and hot spots.
• Video Encoder: allows users to add full-motion video – including video recorded from webcam - to content in any Articulate product.
Articulate products are no strangers to awards. Among the more recent are:
• For the fifth year in succession, Articulate was named a winner in at least one category in the Best of Elearning! 2009 Awards. Articulate Presenter '09 was named Best Presentation Tool and Articulate Quizmaker '09 was named Best Assessment Tool. Studio '09 Pro earned an award of excellence in the Best Rapid Development Tool category.
• Training Media Review (TMR) gave Articulate Studio ‘09 Pro four out of four stars and acclaimed it as one of TMR’s Best Products of 2009.
About Blatant Media Corporation
Blatant Media Corporation is a learning company that leverages the power of technology to provide best-of-breed software and online training solutions for clients throughout the world. Blatant Media licenses Absorb Learning Management System (SCORM LMS) to organisations and training providers for tracking of online, classroom and practical training. Blatant Media instructional design and development teams have produced hundreds of hours of interactive multimedia based training for emergency services, government and healthcare, manufacturing and oil and gas industries. Blatant Media is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Blatant Media offers software solutions and production services to help your organisation:
• Monitor employee training, experience, development and critical performance requirements.
• Share an employee personal success plan to help progress towards reaching corporate performance goals and employee career advancement.
• Convert critical training into engaging adult learning opportunities, including soft skills, policy, compliance and simulation training.
Omniplex (omniplex.co.uk) is a leading provider of e-learning authoring, delivery, tracking and reinforcement products and services. Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, in the UK, and in Montreal, Canada, Omniplex supports clients across Europe and North America.