This UI component is a perfect replacement for the plain, inflexible, modal APIs which developers are currently limited to. It offers complete support for Thumbnail, Details and GroupView, AutoUpdate, dragdrop, icons, contextmenus, non-filesystem items, default key-handling, infotips and renaming. It features powerful behavior control and customization functionality that takes it miles ahead of Windows Explorer by adding features like filtering, checkboxes, custom items, custom columns and dragdrop control and customization of default contextmenus, displaynames, icons and infotips. When combined with FolderView and ShComboBox controls, it recreates the entire Windows Explorer UI in your app. FileView.WPF is written in 100% C# managed code; it fully supports Visual Studio 2010 and Net 4.0; it has a royalty-free redistribution license; it has no external dependencies and it comes with comprehensive documentation and numerous samples.
Fileview.WPF 2010 has following prominent features
Complete Windows Explorer look, feel and behavior
· 2-line integration with FolderView and ShComboBox brings complete Windows Explorer functionality to your application.
· Identical displaynames, icons and overlay icons shown for files/folders.
· Identical dragdrop functionality.
· Identical renaming functionality.
· Identical display of infotips for files/folders.
· Identical display of contextmenus (including 'Send To' and any other submenus) for files/folders.
· Identical support for various display modes( Large Icon, Small Icon,etc.) including full support for 'Details Mode'.
· Complete 'Thumbnail View' support similar to Windows Explorer.
· Complete 'Group View' support similar to Windows Explorer.
· Identical default-key handling functionality (e.g. Alt-Enter shows the properties dialog box)
· Identical background context menu functionality when the empty background area is right-clicked.
· Powerful AutoUpdate functionality refreshes FileView automatically when files/folders are renamed, deleted or created.
Advanced customization features
· Change default displaynames for files/folders.
· Change default icons for files/folders.
· Change default overlay icons such as shortcut or network share overlay icon.
· Change default thumbnails for items in Thumbnail View.
· Display of multi-state checkboxes next to each file/folder.
· Show/Hide multi-state checkboxes on a per-file/folder basis.
· Add custom items (i.e. items not belonging to the shell).
· Add custom menuitems in the default shell contextmenus of files/folders.
· Change default infotips for files/folders.
· Pattern-based filtering of files/folders (e.g. : "*.bmp;*.jpg") or advanced custom filtering using a simple event.
· Advanced customization of contextmenu shown for files/folders and for the background contextmenu.
· Advanced customization of dragdrop functionality including the ability to prevent or change drop actions, and access and put new data during dragdrop.
· Add developer defined columns in 'Details Mode'.
· Hide standard columns in 'Details Mode'.
· Change default column text (Name. Size, Type, Date Modified, etc) for files/folders in 'Details Mode'.
· Change default sorting behavior using developer defined sorting procedure.
· Total appearance control by changing backcolor, forecolor, text fonts and other listview properties.
Advanced behavior control
· Prevent display of contextmenus for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
· Prevent dragdrop for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
· Allow/disallow renaming for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
· Allow/disallow selection for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
· Change default drag actions during dragdrop (e.g. from Copy To Move)
· Control whether folders can be viewed or files executed for all files/folders using simple properties or on a per-file/folder basis using events.
· Control checking/unchecking on a per-file/folder basis.
· Prevent execution of default shell commands (e.g. Open, Cut, Properties, etc. in response to keystrokes or through the context menu) for all files/folders using a property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
· Show/hide hidden files/folders using a simple property.
· Show/hide virtual files/folders (e.g. Control Panel) using a simple property.
Simple but powerful programming model
· Enumerate all files/folders shown in FileView.
· Execute shell commands (e.g. Cut, Delete, etc) on files/folders.
· Programmatically navigate the folder hierarchy.
· Programmatically open files with their associated applications.
· Access complete information of a file/folder including its displayname, fullpath, checkstate, selection state and attributes like whether it is a shortcut, shared, hidden, readonly, file and folder.
· Associate developer defined data with each file/folder.
Fileview is also available in .Net and ActiveX version along with the WPF version. Fileview is available directly from LogicNP Software. Development licenses can be purchased starting from US $299. Multi-developer licenses, site licenses and Support and Upgrade Subscriptions are also available.
About LogicNP Software
LogicNP Software (ssware.com) is a leading developer of user interface controls, and components and libraries based on .Net/WPF and ActiveX/MFC/ATL technologies. LogicNP Software's mission is to empower developers with professional quality components and controls. LogicNP Software's products are used by large and small companies from all over the globe, a testimony to their quality.