NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2010/04/16 - Acapela is proud to announce that following the success of its TTS for iPhone, additional support for iPad is also now available, allowing developers to create vocal applications for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Acapela TTS for iPhone SDK, already well known, extensively deployed and used in a broad range of talking apps available on the Apple appstore, is widening its support to the developer community. Acapela is bringing its super natural voices to the iPad environment, adding value to rich content and inspiring new ways to transform content and tell stories.
'Acapela’s iPad support demonstrates our determination to provide advanced yet easy to integrate speech solutions to developers and reinforces the company’s long term commitment vis à vis the Apple community. Acapela voices are ready to serve the rich content iPad challenge, to help developers bring added value, to both delight and inform the iPad user, and contribute towards designing a new efficient but not intrusive content experience formula' comments Lars-Erik Larsson, CEO of Acapela Group.
The new version provides developers with the same High Level API written in Objective C, enabling them, with a minimum of code lines, to quickly and easily integrate speech synthesis into their applications. Acapela’s super natural tones will continue to spread the word for smart talkative applications. E-books, e-mails, navigation, education, productivity, social networking, whatever the application, Acapela naturally keeps enriching the visual and touch-sensitive interface with the speech experience.
AssistiveWare, leader in innovative Assistive technology software for Mac OSX and the iPhone, has already adopted Acapela TTS SDK for iPhone & iPad to extend its proloquo2Go AAC (augmentative and alternative communication) solution to iPad.
AcapelaTTS for iPhone and iPad Key benefits
• Easy integration of voice for enhanced intuitive interface;
• Very natural and pleasant voices;
• Multilingual offer: 22 languages;
• Choice of Voices: 44 voices;
• AppStore compatible business model;
• Audio integration allows users to interact effectively with iPod music (interrupt, mix, ...).
What's new about Acapela’s iPhone and iPad 1.100?
• Support for iPhone OS 3.2 (including iPad).
• Updated code of demo app and new helloworld sample code.
• New languages and voices: Dimitris (Greek Male), Alyona (Russian Female), Antonio (Spanish Male), Olav (Norwegian Male), Jeroen (Belgian Dutch Male), Marcia (Brazilian Female), Julia (German Female), Margaux (French Female), Ipek (Turkish Female), Arabic voices (Salma and Youssef) with diacritizer.