NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom, 2010/04/13 - THE key barrier to capitalising on SharePoint’s enormous potential for business improvement is getting business users to understand it and truly embrace it. ICS Solutions SharePoint Adoption Framework is designed to help businesses make this happen.
Success with SharePoint is not achieved in the same way as traditional IT projects. Collaboration is widely distributed not centralised; it happens “at the coalface” and must be woven into the way people work. Getting SharePoint widely used requires motivated local business managers and users to understand it, buy into it and then take ownership for making it happen. ICS Solutions SharePoint Adoption Framework is designed to help businesses make this happen.
The SharePoint Adoption Framework not only focuses on SharePoint 2010 deployment, but also gives Business managers and users local practical assistance and mentoring to apply their SharePoint Foundations skills; applying the training locally within the business means that SharePoint value is not left to chance, turning potential into business value, and ensuring that it is successfully woven into the way that people work.
ICS Solutions have updated the SharePoint Adoption Framework from the MOSS 2007 version for the following three key reasons; to take advantage of SharePoint 2010 being released in May, to utilise new materials (SDPS & BVPS) available from Microsoft and to broaden the previous version of the SharePoint Adoption Framework based on our customer engagements and recommendations. The SharePoint Adoption Framework 2010 now includes SharePoint 2010 support, additional options and exclusive access to Microsoft global adoption materials. Plus the following new features have been added to the framework:
• The new ‘strategy’ element of the SharePoint Adoption Framework helps your senior management understand the value and set policy on SharePoint usage.
• The ‘transition’ element now uniquely uses Microsoft global adoption materials to fit SharePoint into common workplace scenarios.
• The ‘technical’ element added to provide your technical team with the skills and support needed to facilitate initial installation and ongoing change.
• The ‘governance’ has now been integrated into all three SharePoint Adoption Framework components, providing strategy, business impact and operational governance.
• The ‘Program’ element use’s ICS Solutions many years of experience in reusable delivery patterns to help dramatically reduce the time, cost and risk of SharePoint adoption.
• Microsoft Business Value Planning Services (BVPS) and SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS) materials are now being used allowing end users to use their Microsoft SA vouchers for BVPS and SDPS.
Martin Neale, managing director of ICS Solutions says; “Now available for SharePoint 2010 as well as MOSS 2007, the SharePoint Adoption Framework overcomes the critical factors for successful SharePoint adoption. It uniquely combines strategy, governance, business adoption and technical services into a single, coordinated and scalable offering. Helping businesses to buy into SharePoint, understand it and make it work for their business. The SharePoint Adoption Framework makes all of this happen.”
ICS Solutions worked with AVIVA when they changed their name in 2009 from Norwich Union. Recognising that collaboration between all 28 businesses was a great opportunity for the group to enhance organisational effectiveness AVIVA implemented SharePoint Server 2007. To achieve the business benefits from their SharePoint implementation AVIVA needed to underpin their investment with an Adoption Program. AVIVA and ICS Solutions evaluated a range of issues and addressed the areas in which AVIVA would need training support to ensure SharePoint was successfully woven through AVIVA’s business.
ICS Solutions will be launching their new and updated SharePoint Adoption Framework 2010 at the SharePoint Evolution Conference on the 19th April 2010, to find out more come and visit ICS Solutions at the SharePoint 2010 Evolution Conference on stand 15. Find out more about the SharePoint Evolution Conference here – sharepointevolutionconference.com/