NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2010/03/24 - Learning Light has revised and re-launched the e-Learning centre website, which attracts a worldwide audience and over 72,000 unique hits a month.
Learning Light, a company limited by guarantee organisation which focuses on promoting the use of e-learning and learning technologies, has re-launched its e-learning centre website.
The website, which attracts a worldwide readership and has been regularly attracting over 72,000 unique hits each month, now carries:
• e-learning related news and views;
• reviews and resources – including book reviews, articles and papers, along with recommended e-learning related blogs and websites;
• a directory of organisations providing e-learning related products and services;
• up-coming events, along with conference and event reviews;
• job vacancies.
“The e-Learning Centre is a free information resource for learning and development professionals and e-learning developers,” commented David Patterson, of Learning Light.
“We’re encouraging e-learning developers to submit their profile, along with details of their products and services to be listed in our directory. Subject matter experts are encouraged to put their expertise forward with a view to work with e-learning developers and event organisers are encouraged to submit their event programmes and news.
“If you’re working in the field of e-learning, you should ensure that you, your organisation and its products and services are listed in the directory – and you should check out the directory to make that what we’re saying about you is correct,” he added.
About Learning Light Ltd
Sheffield-based Learning Light is a centre of excellence in the use of e-learning and learning technologies in the workplace. Its knowledge base contains over 400 papers offering insights and advice on how to use e-learning & learning technologies.
Learning Light works closely with the Universities of Leeds and Sheffield, and has undertaken a Systematic Literature Review of the available papers on the effective use of e-learning in conjunction with the University of Sheffield.
Learning Light, which is supported by Yorkshire Forward, the regional development agency for Yorkshire and the Humber, operates 'e-learningcentre.co.uk' , one of the leading resources on e-learning in the UK.
Learning Light occupies a unique space in the e-learning and learning technology sector networking with:
• Suppliers of e-learning and learning technologies to support the growth of the sector;
• Buyers seeking out learning technology solutions to improve the effectiveness of their business or organisation;
• Leading organisations worldwide who provide it with market knowledge from around the globe.
• Provides unbiased and impartial advice to both suppliers and buyers;
• Hosts events and workshops that provide the platforms to impart and gain knowledge by encouraging collaboration and sharing of best practice;
• Acts as a conduit between suppliers and buyers to forge successful business partnerships;
• Provides market intelligence and benchmarking information gained from its many contacts and networking partners;
• Provides access to research materials from leading learning technology professionals.