The British love affair with France and its beautiful properties shows no sign of fading, despite recent troubled times. Indeed, many potential purchasers, having put their dreams on hold over the past year or two, are returning to the fold, eager to buy while property prices in France remain low.
With France being one of the first EU countries to come out of recession, added to the fact that its property market was little affected by the global recession (largely due to responsible lending criteria), there's no doubt that property prices will start creeping up. Through 2008 and 2009, many vendors adjusted their sale prices down, meaning properties have been - and still are - available at prices not seen for years. Canny buyers have taken advantage of this, snapping up some incredible bargains. But those bargains won't hang around for ever. It is perhaps this realisation that has stimulated the market this year, with many potential purchasers eager to make 2010 the year they finally buy their dream French property.
"The French Property Exhibitions are the ideal starting point for a property search," comments Karen Tait, Editor of French Property News. "Without having to board a ferry or plane, visitors can chat with experts in every aspect of the French property market, from estate agents to lawyers, and from financial advisers to developers. Some people even visit the exhibitions having already bought a property, perhaps for tax or legal advice, for example." Entry to the exhibition itself is free; visitors can register for up to six entry tickets, online at fpeharrogate.com/.
About the Harrogate French Property Exhibition:
• The exhibition takes place 14-16 May 2010 in the Yorkshire Event Centre.
• Visitors can register online for up to six free entry tickets at fpeharrogate.com/.
• Archant Life France publishes the market-leading titles French Property News, Living France and France Magazine, all three of which have recently celebrated 20 years of publication, as well as leading French property website francepropertyshop.com/.
• The French Property Exhibitions have been held several times a year at regional locations since 1989.
• Permission is granted for this release to be reproduced in full or in part on the condition that the Harrogate French Property Exhibition is credited.
For further information please contact Group Advertising Manager Debbie Macleod on +44 (0)1242 216 087; E: debbie.macleod[.]archant.co.uk or Exhibitions Manager David Storrar on +44 (0)1242 211 071; E: david.storrar[.]archant.co.uk.