NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Elizabeth, PA, United States, 2006/07/11 - Fine Antiques from select dealers worldwide. The concept of the virtual antique mall as a business model is not new, still, there was plenty of room for improvement - Malleries.com.
The owners of Malleries, having valuable insight as a seller on other mall and auction venues has incorporated the best features and either discarding or re-vamping other features.
The result is simplicity itself. Malleries, with its elegant architecture, streamlined functionality, and scalability is easily navigated by shopper and shop-owner alike. The look and feel is distinctively crisp, clean and devoid of distracting clutter with a tastefully understated approach to branding of the Malleries name, cohesive, yet not intrusive, allowing the shop-owner a degree of autonomy.
Aside from the distinctive look, the other key features within the user-friendly interface include:
1. A streamlined point of sale console where the shopper checks out and pays for their purchase(s) in a seamless transaction. It's Fast, Easy and Convenient.
2. Shop owners can elect to accept many forms of payment including credit cards again making it easier for the customer to buy.
3. Shop owners sell their items at a fixed price rather than auction format. No bidding involved.
4. The Shop Administrator, where the shop-owner's 'back office' operations are administered such as adding items, uploading of photographs, tracking inventory and sales, etc is also streamlined with user friendly features making it easier to maintain a shop. There is even a neat 'back room' feature which allows the shop-owner a holding place for inventory, indefinitely and all out of public view.
5. Also provided is a free send to auction feature where with just a few clicks of the mouse you can upload your item(s) to ebay quickly and conveniently without having to know html.
6. Malleries also host up to 9 images per item when to display on the item page or when uploading to auction at no additional cost, saving both time and money.
7. Pricing is affordable even for the small shop owner including the current limited time two free month trial promotional offer for new shop owners
Malleries (malleries.com) is positioned as an upscale 'boutique' antiques mall and believes there is a niche market for a tasteful alternative to ebay and the other mall sites, in effect raising the bar with tightened standards for quality control, including a more narrowly defined concept of what is considered 'antique' verses 'collectible and drawing a sharper distinction between the two.
Malleries customers can feel comfortable knowing that each shop owner must successfully pass a screening and approval process, meeting minimum standards of professional and ethical conduct as well as quality of inventory.
Ultimately, the goal is that Malleries will become synonymous with quality as THE DESTINATION for the upscale shopper as well as for the higher end shop-owner.