NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Chicago, IL, United States, 2010/03/11 - General Growth Properties, Inc., owner/developer of shopping centers worldwide and premier entertainment venues, recently received industry recognition for its continued excellence in marketing its diverse portfolio of properties. NYSE: GGP
Garnering more awards than any other top U.S. developer, GGP received seven MAXI awards, an honor presented by the International Council of Shopping Centers and considered the industry’s most prestigious designation given for marketing achievement.
The company was recognized in categories ranging from cause-related marketing, to new media to education to corporate marketing. In April 2009, GGP filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but continued its steadfast commitment of operating its more than 200 centers and providing an unparalleled shopper experience. By partnering with relevant and popular brands, such as TLC Network’s “What Not to Wear” and creating programs with community connections and local and national appeal, GGP optimized its marketing strategies to meet the changing needs of its consumer base and deliver programs with greater impact.
“Our goal is to create marketing programs that provide consumers the value and experience they are looking for in today’s marketplace,” said Wally Brewster, senior vice president, Marketing & Communications, General Growth Properties. “GGP’s marketing initiatives have continued to react to consumer changes with the right mix of experience and tools to reach our core audiences and markets. We’re honored our accomplishments were recognized industry-wide with seven MAXI awards.”
GGP MAXI AWARDS:
• South Street Seaport, New York, NY– Cause Related Marketing category (Seaport Semester educational program);
• Shop Smart Look Fab (2 awards) – Corporate Marketing Program (New Media category and Sales Promotions and Events category);
• GGP Las Vegas Tourism Program – Sales Promotions and Events category (Expedia Visitor Shopping Incentive program);
• Fashion Show, The Grand Canal Shoppes and Shoppes at The Palazzo, Las Vegas, NV – Public Relations category (Glamour Mexico & Latin America travel and fashion program);
• Galleria Dallas, Dallas, TX (while under management of GGP Third Party group) – Sales Promotions and Events category (“Beauty Live” consumer in-mall beauty show);
• Park Meadows, Denver, CO – Grand Openings, Expansion & Renovations category (“Fire & Ice Spectacular” to celebrate opening of The Vistas expansion).
GGP (ggp.com) currently has ownership interest in, or management responsibility for more than 200 regional shopping malls in 43 states, as well as ownership in planned community developments and commercial office buildings. The company’s portfolio totals approximately 200 million square feet of retail space and includes over 24,000 retail stores nationwide. The company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GGP.