NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Dubai, UAE, United Arab Emirates, 2006/07/03 - PowerBuilder 10.5 delivers enhancements that enable developers to build better applications, faster; PowerDesigner 12.0 enables enterprises to easily visualize, analyze and manipulate data, process and application metadata..
Sybase Products Middle East, a leading provider of enterprise infrastructure and mobile software, today announced the Middle East launch of Sybase® PowerBuilder® 10.5, the next-generation rapid application development (RAD) tool and Sybase® PowerDesigner® 12.0, an all-in-one modeling and design solution for enterprises that need to build or re-engineer business applications quickly, cost-effectively and consistently. Gartner Dataquest has recognized Sybase PowerDesigner as the worldwide market share leader in application development database design software for 2004 based on new license revenue, reaching 33.7 percent of market share. (Source – Gartner)
“PowerBuilder 10.5 takes us back to its roots, which is what our loyal developers have asked for,” said Hisham Malak, Channel & Marketing Manager at Sybase Products Middle East. “Core enhancements, including improvements to the DataWindow and advanced support for Web services, have been made to help developers build better applications, faster.”
“Sybase PowerDesigner users are able to connect all the metadata and optimize Business and IT alignment thanks to our integrated capabilities. As applications evolve into more complex application platforms, this design and analysis capability is becoming a critical requirement. As an enterprise modeling tool, PowerDesigner allows business and IT professionals to map out the dependencies between the business and IT development, enabling quicker, more predictable and more accurate responses to business changes.” Malak added.
PowerBuilder 10.5 features key functionality enhancements and offers improvements to the DataWindow®, an industry leading patented data access, presentation and manipulation tool. These enhancements provide total integration for client/server, distributed and mobile applications. Significant enhancements in version PowerBuilder 10.5 include:
Enhanced DataWindow Capabilities — A key feature for developers, PowerBuilder’s DataWindow greatly simplifies data access and data presentation — two tasks that are essential to most enterprise applications and often are difficult and time consuming. Stemming from enhancement requests from the user community, DataWindow improvements offer even more user-friendly features, including:
• Build complex forms and reports with ease using autosize height functionality for all bands in a report, not just the main band where the data resides.
• Utilize a new presentation style, the TreeView DataWindow that enables hierarchical data to be easily displayed.
• New properties make complex data access, data manipulation and data presentation an easier, codeless, graphical experience.
New Rich Text Control — Empowers customers to deliver rich text in their applications, providing support for the latest rich text specification from Microsoft.
New Data Type Support — Offers built-in support for new data types creating a more robust product and better enables support integration with new technologies and other applications within the enterprise.
Richer and Fuller Support for Web Services — Allows developers to use this industry standard without having to incur a learning curve. PowerBuilder developers can now play an active role in building applications that access a variety of data from customers’ vendors and other services through the new Web Services support.
User Interface Enhancements — With all new icons, menus and toolbars, developers are able to quickly and intuitively build and bring fresh and modern looking applications to the market.
PowerDesigner 12.0 enables enterprises to more easily visualize, analyze and manipulate data, process and application metadata via features such as unique metadata mapping and integration technologies for enterprise architecture frameworks, unmatched customization for enforced compliance to company or regulatory standards, and a more powerful report generator.
New Features and Benefits of PowerDesigner 12.0
PowerDesigner 12.0 includes many news features that allow for improved business optimization and technical excellence.
• Improved Data Modeling and Process Modeling integration facilitates greater synergy between business application descriptions and information systems
• PowerDesigner 12.0 enforces standards and practices automatically for greater compliance through the most comprehensive customization facility to date
• PowerDesigner 12.0 is adaptable to enterprise architecture frameworks to adhere to multiple industry, custom or adapted standard sets
• The Enriched User Interface is customizable to simplify for the novice user, without taking power away from the advanced user; new easy-to-use metadata mapping user interface easing complex data to data, XML or object transformations
• PowerDesigner 12.0 includes a more powerful report generator, including new report wizards, list-based reports, and more expressive RTF and HTML formats
• Support for latest standards including UML 2.0, BPMN, latest RDBMS versions and more
• More choices in ERWin Import making migration from legacy data modeling tools smooth and intuitive
Sybase® PowerBuilder® 10.5 and Sybase® PowerDesigner® 12.0 will be available throughout the Middle East through Sybase Products Middle East and its partners.