Embarcadero is making it faster and easier for application developers and data management professionals to access the software tools they need, while also reducing the costs and time associated with managing software tool licenses. The company today unveiled the Embarcadero® ToolCloud™, a more efficient way for customers to manage and deploy their software tools.
Built on the latest generation of Embarcadero’s license server technology, the ToolCloud is lightweight on-premise server software that enables administrators to centrally provision and manage Embarcadero tools, set and enforce licensing and access policies, and deploy tools on-demand to users on their network. The ToolCloud also offers InstantOn across all Embarcadero products so users can access the full range of tools they need, when they need them, on-demand with zero friction and zero install required on their local desktops.
Embarcadero ToolCloud transforms tools access and management for both users and administrators. It offers license management and usage reporting, guarantees compliance by enforcing licensing policies, and enables users to run multiple versions of the same tool side-by-side without conflict. The ToolCloud capabilities are standard with network-named and network concurrent licenses of Embarcadero® All-Access™, and are also available for individual Embarcadero products, such as DBArtisan®, ER/Studio®, Rapid SQL®, Delphi®, C++Builder® and more.
“Most sizable IT organizations have to manage hundreds, if not thousands, of software licenses for their IT teams,” said Michael Swindell, senior vice president of marketing and products, Embarcadero Technologies. “Many report that it can cost more to manage these tools than to buy them in the first place. The ToolCloud enables organizations to centrally manage their Embarcadero tools and simplify deployment. With the ToolCloud and InstantOn, technologists get on-demand access to the many tools they need to solve critical tasks, while reducing the costs associated with deploying and managing these tools.”
Embarcadero ToolCloud offers:
• On-Demand Access – The ToolCloud delivers tools on-demand via InstantOn, so users can “click-and-run” Embarcadero tools when they need them and run them on local desktops with no installation, application or dll conflicts. Organizations can save hundreds of hours by not having to keep desktops up-to-date with the proper tool configurations. InstantOn saves valuable time and allows instant operation in locked-down desktop environments where installing software is problematic.
• Usage Reporting and Intelligence – The ToolCloud provides usage tracking by user, products and groups so administrators know how many licenses are being used, when and by whom.
• Simplified License Management - Centralized license management dramatically simplifies license management by providing one place to administer all tool licenses. It also provides complete control over who can access which software licenses and administrators can easily reallocate licenses and make changes.
• Reduced Costs – Save thousands by centralizing and simplifying software licensing by not having to keep desktops up-to-date with the proper tool configurations and by avoiding over-buying licenses.
• Access to Multiple Versions of a Tool – The ToolCloud manages InstantOn versions so end users can access older versions of tools to support older versions of databases and applications, and run multiple versions without installation or desktop conflicts, saving time and frustration by avoiding time-consuming installs and uninstalls of multiple product versions.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. (embarcadero.com) is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world.
Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.