NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom, 2010/02/12 - Working with Microsoft early on in the SharePoint 2010 life cycle through early adoption programs we believe that our “Dip” website was the website was the worlds first commercial SharePoint 2010 website going live.
With SharePoint 2010 now at release candidate stage and full launch due shortly, ICS Solutions are proud to introduce ‘Dip into SharePoint 2010’ – a free portal which simplifies the evaluation of SharePoint 2010 by providing zero hassle, instant online access to your own unique, private and customisable SharePoint 2010 beta trial.
ICS Solutions are providing the Dip into SharePoint 2010 platform as a free service to demonstrate our capability, expertise and service offerings in SharePoint 2010.
With full site administration access, the Dip into SharePoint 2010 portal removes the barriers to evaluating SharePoint 2010 and makes the free trial available to all levels of user. It gives multiple users the ability to share information in the same private space without the hassle of installing the beta software locally – saving on time, money and IT resources.
Martin Neale Managing Director at ICS Solutions says, “We at ICS think that SharePoint 2010 is a highly compelling upgrade from previous versions, the Dip Into SharePoint portal allows business managers and technicians alike to quickly and easily give it a test drive.”
Out of the box SharePoint 2010 does not offer clear user evaluation assistance; meaning new users are often unsure how to evaluate effectively. Dip into SharePoint 2010 provides a phased introduction of the SharePoint 2010 enterprise edition features and ICS Solutions have set clear evaluation paths for each feature - suggesting assets and resources to aid the evaluation process. The SharePoint features include:
• Collaboration – Document libraries, team sites, calendars and tasks.
• MS Office Online – Microsoft Office Web Applications.
• Business Intelligence – Performance Point Services, Dashboards and Scorecards.
• Content Management – New enterprise content management features.
• Access Services – Publishing Access forms to SharePoint.
• Excel Services – Microsoft Office Excel 2007 workbooks as interactive reports.
• Search Services – Finding people and information anywhere.
• Social Networking – Social bookmarking, blogs, wikis and My Sites.
• Business Process - Visio Services and the Workflow Engine.
• Records Management – New records management functionality and dashboard.
Dip into SharePoint 2010 also aims to be one of the world’s most comprehensive sources of SharePoint 2010 information, providing over 600 items of additional vetted and categorised items that will further assist you in the evaluation and deployment process.
The Dip into SharePoint 2010 Portal (dipintosharepoint2010.co.uk) provides users with all of the tools and information required to complete an in-depth evaluation of SharePoint 2010.