2X Software announced today the release of Version 8 of its 2X ApplicationServer and 2X VirtualDesktopServer products. To meet the growing needs of businesses of all sizes, Version 8 not only includes the ability to publish applications and virtual desktops, but also allows the management of user thin client configurations from within the application console, creating an all-in-one application for remote publishing and device management. The new release will further reduce IT administration hassles, by allowing centralized control of both device groups and published resources.
"Version 8 of the 2X VirtualDesktopServer and 2X ApplicationServer allows administrators, for the first time, to deploy and manage VDI sessions and thin clients using a single management source," explained Nikolaos Makris, CEO of 2X Software. "We’ve also included additional features, such as Universal Scanning, and continue to focus upon building reliable, innovative and cost-effective solutions serving businesses of all sizes."
About the 2X VirtualDesktopServer
2X VirtualDesktopServer v. 8 publishes any Windows application or virtual desktop to remote devices, including thin clients and Windows, Mac and Linux PCs, without the need to install applications or desktops to local machines. The 2X VirtualDesktopServer also serves as a connection broker for the Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX, Parallels Containers and Windows Terminal Server virtualization platforms, offering significant administration and support savings. The 2X VirtualDesktopServer is designed to be highly cost-effective from the beginning of implementation, with a pricing structure based upon the number of agents (servers) installed, rather than the number of concurrent users, creating a favorable combination of pricing and features for businesses of all sizes.
New Features for V. 8:
• Managing Client Settings: Administrators will now have the ability to control user settings directly from the management console.
• Zero-Management Thin Clients: Includes all components necessary to convert any device to a thin client.
• Management of 2X SecureClientGateways: Allows administrators to remotely install and manage multiple 2X SecureClientGateways.
• Windows CE Clients: Ensures that Windows CE clients will have the same functionality as standard XP and Vista clients.
• Scanner (TWAIN) Redirection: TWAIN redirection, similar to the 2X Universal Printing feature, allows all devices using TWAIN technology to use hardware connected to client devices, including scanners and digital cameras.
Easy to Use, Yet Powerful
The 2X development team has ensured our new release hits the right button with users: for administrators, it’s easy to setup and manage, providing simple step-by-step wizards, while for end-users, it’s quick and easy to use, with a clear, easily-navigable Windows-style client.
Pricing & Availability
Pricing starts from as little as $1190 (900 EUR) for the 2X VirtualDesktopServer Small Business Edition, managing a single terminal server without user or connection limitations.
2X Software Ltd (2x.com) develops enterprise server-based virtual computing software, enabling desktop virtualization and application streaming on personal computers and thin client devices. Its product line, which includes the award-winning 2X VirtualDesktopServer and 2X ApplicationServer, is easily scalable, installable, and manageable with straightforward licensing, resulting in product prices far below those of competitors.