Looking back on more than 20 years of market experience as a leading provider of software solutions in the fields of Business Intelligence and Corporate Performance Management, WINTERHELLER software has recently launched the new industry-specific module Professional Planner Social.
This new solution supports companies in the social sector in operating economically and coping with the rules of the market economy. Tougher financing conditions and necessary optimizations in the cost structure require market-oriented and competitive decisions from social institutions and providers. The task is to meet high quality demands while considering the profitability and competitive situation. A professional controlling system enables transparency and considerably enhances the quality of decision-making processes.
Wherever social services are offered, it is vital to make the services transparent for the benefit providers. On the one hand, the support areas have to prove that services have been performed. On the other hand, they have to make different compensation agreements with the various paying authorities.
A major factor here is that the chargeable compensations in this economic environment keep on changing – also within a year. Consequently, a modern controlling tool has to be flexible and require little manpower so that changes in the compensation agreements can easily be adjusted in the system. At the same time comparisons with historical values must remain possible.
Professional Planner Social is a planning and budgeting solution for the social sector designed for all institutions dealing with care, support and assistance services. To this group belong educational workshops, institutions supporting disabled persons and youth and seniors' facilities. Meeting the special requirements for the controlling in the social sector is decisive.
In general, Professional Planner Social not only offers economic competence to depict the peculiarities of the social sector, but also core competence in the following areas:
Planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, reporting and depiction of scenarios
WINTERHELLER software has convinced many interesting and satisfied customers in the social sector. Among them are Franziskuswerk Schönbrunn, Lebenshilfe Salzburg, Sächsisches Förderzentrum, Theresia-Hecht-Stiftung and Stiftung Pfennigparade in Munich.
About Professional Planner Social
Professional Planner Social has been designed for the social sector and is an industry-specific module of the well-established budgeting and planning software Professional Planner. The module is suitable for companies of all sizes. In addition to the familiar features, it offers functions that meet industry-specific requirements:
- Cost reduction through professional controlling: Monitoring and controlling contracts, personnel costs, building planning, occupancy planning and investment planning.
- Inclusion of industry-specific influencing factors, such as:
• The amount of graduated compensation rates and the resulting services of paying authorities (administrative districts, local authorities or federal ministries), health insurance companies, insurance agencies or people paying privately to the respective institution.
• The integration of so-called staffing ratios into the calculation, for example adjusting the figure for a certain occupancy level (number of rehab customers) to the number of (care) professionals from the paying authority.
- Transparent results: The calculation process of annual results and the liquidity preview become transparent. This improves the quality of negotiations with funding agencies and benefit providers.
- Overview of available capacities, services and the overall structure of the company.
- Integrated calculation logic for profit and loss, cash budget and balance sheet planning.
- Predefined reports and models provide different standard charts of accounts, for example SKR 45.
- Models for the depiction of compensation elements for care services, accommodation, board and training cost rates.
- Integration of back-office systems is predefined (ERP system, attendance/absence days according to care levels, duty types, cost types according to cost centers).
- Individual requirements can be integrated into existing models quickly and easily.
- Easy and flexible implementation.
Due to its unique technology, Professional Planner Social guarantees a consistent profit and loss, liquidity and balance sheet statement – ready to use. At the same time, the technology enables different simulation scenarios for “what-if” questions as they have to be answered time and again in the planning process. Similar to a multidimensional database, Professional Planner provides structural elements which are reserved for operational use. These sections contain all information necessary to merge into an integrated system.
About WINTERHELLER software
WINTERHELLER software GmbH (winterheller.com), with its headquarters in Graz (Austria), was founded in 1988 by Prof. Dr. Manfred Winterheller. With more than 20 years of market experience, the company is known for maintaining the highest standards of flexibility, productivity and efficiency.
As an expert in Business Intelligence (BI) and Corporate Performance Management (CPM), WINTERHELLER software provides a central point of contact for SMEs and groups of all sectors of industry. The company offers in-depth operational knowledge, professional consultancy and implementation as well as flexible software solutions in the areas of planning, corporate management and consolidation.
WINTERHELLER software GmbH has more than 100 employees. With a worldwide network of partners and locations in Austria, Germany, Sweden and Switzerland, it is your competent partner wherever you are. High growth rates over the last years offer customers, partners and staff reliability, consistency and stability. More than 4,500 companies of all sizes and sectors of industry rely on WINTERHELLER software.