RationalPlan is a project management software application developed to assist project managers in creating plans, tracking progress, allocating resources, managing budgets and analyzing workload. Besides the upgrade to Snow Leopard the new version comes with a significant increase in execution speed for resource sheets, file type association on silent install.
Important changes of this version:
• Upgraded to Mac OS X Snow Leopard;
• Significantly increased execution speed for resource sheet;
• Associate file type extensions on silent install;
• Bug fixes.
Version 3.16 is an important release for Mac users. The suite of products just went for the latest Mac OS X version - Snow Leopard. The biggest change that can be noticed is related to the application interface: rounded buttons, better chosen colors, Mac OS X specific controls.
RationalPlan suite includes:
• RationalPlan Single Project - project management software for single projects;
• RationalPlan Multi Project - project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource;
• RationalPlan Project Viewer - free project management software viewer, the perfect solution for anyone (from project stakeholders to team workers) to view projects details.
Work computation algorithm on timescale intervals in resource sheet was significantly improved. This way user interactions like smooth shifting, zooming and scrolling are performed faster making users experience with this project management tool more pleasant. Still there is one observation: this increased execution speed can be noticed only on big and complex projects (usually that span over several years). Hence the greatest gain after this improvement will be obtained by medium/big companies and not by home or small office users.
Another important problem that was solved is related to silent installation. There was a problem to previous versions: the file types where not associated with RationalPlan if using silent installation. Now this issue is fixed.
Several other minor improvements where made and bugs where fixes.
RationalPlan (rationalplan.com) is designed as an affordable alternative to Microsoft Project with some extra-features like multi-project management and it is covering project management area from WBS construction, project planning and scheduling to critical path management, over allocated resources detection, progress tracking, cost estimation, etc. Gantt chart support as well as various time line reports are also provided. It offers you the most important capabilities of a good project management software while being able to operate on various platforms starting with Windows, Mac, Linux and all other Java enabled platforms.