NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2010/01/13 - Waste King, the specialist collections, clearance and recycling company, has publicly pledged its commitment to recycle a substantial and significant percentage of all the waste it collects from its customers.
Waste King has promised that all the waste it collects is disposed of in an environmentally friendly way.
In addition to these pledges, which are included on Waste King’s updated website, are the following promises:
• We continuously improve our environmental performance by achieving agreed objectives with our staff - and measure their performance.
• We reuse and recycle wherever possible.
• We comply with all relevant legislation, including environmental and health and safety regulations.
• Every year, hundreds of tons of waste and unwanted items will avoid landfill because of us.
• We are networked with other well established organisations across the UK that re-use and recycle.
• We will use commercial transfer stations with particularly high standards of safety and recycling levels.
• We offer discounted rates for recyclables.
Waste King, which provides a wide range of waste collection and recycling services for both domestic and commercial clients including house clearances, office clearance, shop refurbishments, general rubbish removal, garden & garage clearance, wait & load and skip hire, focuses not only on providing an environmentally friendly service but also one which is friendly, efficient and cost-effective.
Formed, in 2007, by Glenn Currie and Andy Cattigan, who had experience in sales and IT respectively and were keen to ‘do something to help the environment’, Waste King aims to create a professional and environmentally responsible solution for homes and businesses by creating the environmentally friendly, ‘skip alternative’ solution to waste recycling.
“Using a skip could be a false economy,” pointed out Glenn Currie. In his view, there are eight factors to take into consideration when deciding whether to hire a skip or seek an alternative – such as Waste King:
1. Skip hire is expensive. Using Waste King can save customers up to 50% on their waste removals budget.
2. Skip hire can be a hassle – particularly finding a skip company which delivers and removes your skip at the time you want.
3. Using a skip means getting a skip hire permit or a parking permit from the local council. Doing this costs time and money - and, of course, the permit only lasts for a week; so, if you need a permit for longer, you will have to go through the process of renewing it.
4. With Waste King, there is no need for skip permits or a parking permit. This saves customers time and money - with no hidden costs - and the whole loading and removal process is faster.
5. Skip hire is hard work: loading heavy items can cause injury and takes time.
6. Waste King does all that hard work. All its costs include labour, congestion charges and permits. Its staff even sweeps up afterwards!
7. You pay for the whole skip - even if it is half empty - but Waste King normally charges only according to the volume of waste it removes.
8. You are only allowed up to an eight cubic yard skip on the road in residential areas yet Waste King’s recycling trucks are sized at 16 cubic yards – that’s double the room!
About Waste King Ltd
A specialist collections, clearance and recycling company, Waste King (wasteking.co.uk) serves the domestic and commercial markets. It focuses not only on providing a friendly, efficient, cost-effective service but also one which is environmentally friendly. In particular, Waste King’s uniformed, Environment Agency-licensed staff take time to ensure that the maximum amount of waste can be recycled and that all the waste it collects is disposed of in an environmentally friendly way.
Waste King was formed, in 2007, by Glenn Currie and Andy Cattigan, who had experience in sales and IT respectively and were keen to ‘do something to help the environment’.